UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bored of my S?

Old 02-04-2005, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Useful' date='Feb 4 2005, 11:06 PM
Drove to work this week - went for a blast yesterday with another S and an MX5 (which nearly blew up!) along the A350 from Blandford Forum to Shaftesbury in Dorset. Fantastic corners, hills, and FUN - all at sensible speeds
Been on the road! Skited about on it in a Pug 205GTi - I was based at the barracks for a wee while.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by JimboM' date='Feb 4 2005, 11:11 PM
Been on the road! Skited about on it in a Pug 205GTi - I was based at the barracks for a wee while.
Isn't it reinvigourating, though??
Old 02-04-2005, 02:14 PM

oh yes
Old 02-04-2005, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by ade73' date='Feb 4 2005, 02:44 PM
Sell it!!

Buy an original one, get some money back, covers your insurance and other costs for a bit and you get the Proper version (with VTEC kick) to play with.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:32 PM

Hi Jo

Sounds a bit like winter blues, plus the general hassles of things niggling away... Think that lots of people get this at times.

Having a beater, or an alternative form of transport would potentially make a difference, but as you say, cost is a major player. As Kate suggests, getting a bike licence could be a fun idea (beats traffic jams - doesn't look so cool when out for an S meet), but don't underestimate the cost of insurance on a bike first time round! Also, once you get used to bike acceleration, most cars seem a little rubbish in comparison.

2 little cases in point, one positive one negative:

1. Went for a test drive in an S a couple of weeks ago - Bristol Honda, 51 plate, 57000 miles. Whether I wasn't quite in the mood I'm not sure, I did enjoy it, but I didn't get as excited as I thought I would. Stopped by Bristol Trade Centre (loads of different cars) just to browse and have a think - at that time came to the conclusion that I couldn't care less what I got, it was not my commute (the bike is) so why spend lots on it (including putting myself into a little more debt). So that day, thought that getting an S was a bad idea.

2. On my way round to the uni last saturday in the car. Only 4 miles, but had great fun being a bit of a chav, having it in 2nd and 3rd and just enjoying the acceleration round the bends etc. Then on Sunday round the bristol ring road to the parents, again in the car, enjoying the roundabouts and stuff. Now I want an S again - I want a car that has acceleration, is a sporty type, stiff suspension etc., not something dull. As someone else said, I'm youngish, sod the expense, have a bit of debt and enjoy it while I can!

Don't know whether those highlight anything for you - hopefully it just shows that some days anything is a drag, other days it's cool. I get days like it on the bike - some days it's great, and I want to go out for some knee down action, other days I'm just not really in the mood. Some days, I stand in the house being unable to decide whether to take the car or the bike - they are both enjoyable in their own ways.

Rereading this it just sounds like me dribbling on.... G'luck with the decision making, don't rush into anything.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:35 PM

If I had to spend 2 hours sitting in jams in a Bentley continental GT I would be bored and exhausted, but to do so in the S is waaay too much!

Seriously I hope the place where you are working is paying you very well as I dont think I would work somewhere where 2 hours everyday of your life where wasted. (starting to go O/T I know)

Move to the norf and you will get more opportunities to enjoy your S more
Old 02-04-2005, 03:05 PM
JMP

You cannot expect any car to give you any kind of excitement on a daily crawl along an overcrowded M'way so why take it out on the S as losing its excitement

Get a new job elsewhere!
Old 02-04-2005, 03:26 PM

Old 02-04-2005, 03:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never understood why anybody down south bothers buying a performance car. Roads are all crap and filled with traffic.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:35 PM

It's your choice, but this is a cr@p time of year to think about selling it anyway.

I'm not sure any car wouldn't get monotonous with the commuting you do, but if you get a decent CAI it adds hardly anything to the insurance and certainly does help make a lot of noise. Exhaust noise is there most of the time and can be annoying, but the CAI noise is only there when you press the pedal!!

I have a short commute, but I always manage to hit vtec somewhere and I don't know if Honda have made it tamer in the later cars, but I still love the total racket the car makes at higher revs - I've never heard any other car make that noise and it's music to my ears

There's some good advice above, but unless you're planning a change in career, can't see the attraction of a Box Porkster or Z4

Quick Reply: Bored of my S?