UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bored of my S?

Old 02-04-2005, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it doesn't bring a smile to your face driving at speed at night with the hood down, then I doubt any mods would help.

Was it any different when CTR took you out in his?
Old 02-04-2005, 10:33 AM

Its the time of the year, horrible, wet and cold

Wait to summer , roof down and you will love it all over again. Chuck some decent wheels , on it , a CAI and maybe an exhaust and wow !!! I only drive mine weekends now but I really miss not driving it in the week and can't wait for weekends. If you drive it everyday I can understand you getting bored in this weather but thats' the same with any car IMO.

Don't sell you will regret it . Forget about how much it costs you only live once. You can think about paying it off when you retire

Live life to the full while you're young

Oh and never go out with a guy with an S2000, especially an older model
Old 02-04-2005, 10:34 AM

Winter blues I think. I'd barely vteced mine for months until last weekend and was starting to wonder why I pay
Old 02-04-2005, 10:40 AM

I used mine for a week when I felt like it and by Friday it had become rather familiar.....

I think the issue with the S2000 is that you really have to drive it like you've stolen it to really maxmise it's potential..this can be a bad thing if it's an everyday car

I'd take a look at something like a Z4 which by all accounts is more of an everyday car

In my opinion while the S2000 is perfectly useable as an everyday car it is best suited for high days and holidays.......why not consider a used Boxster which I think is a more rounded car for everyday use?
Old 02-04-2005, 10:44 AM

I think I would be sick of the car if I had to spend a couple of hours a day sat in long traffic jams in the dark.

Have you got a beater?If so why dont you alternate days going to work?

Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing
Old 02-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by JamieS2K' date='Feb 4 2005, 07:33 PM
Its the time of the year, horrible, wet and cold

Wait to summer , roof down and you will love it all over again. Chuck some decent wheels , on it , a CAI and maybe an exhaust and wow !!! I only drive mine weekends now but I really miss not driving it in the week and can't wait for weekends. If you drive it everyday I can understand you getting bored in this weather but thats' the same with any car IMO.

Don't sell you will regret it . Forget about how much it costs you only live once. You can think about paying it off when you retire

Live life to the full while you're young

Oh and never go out with a guy with an S2000, especially an older model
I agree with this.

Come summer you'll wonder why you ever thought about changing cars! I know I'm gonna be sat in my non-S, wishing I could put the roof down.

A CAI would fix the kangarooing problems straight away, and shouldn't be too prohibitive on insurance (which, at
Old 02-04-2005, 11:30 AM

dreamer - I know the very type of car that you'll enjoy and trust me, you NEVER get bored driving one
Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 AM

I did go through a period after having the car for 6 months where I had got used to the performance and felt it lacking - driving course cured that after it gave me confidence to drive it harder.

Fortunately I use public tramsport during the week, so the S is almost always fun at the weekend - winter tyres mean you can get more out of it when the conditions are bad also.

If you do think it's lost it's magic, spend a week's holiday doing the best roads in scotland in the spring or autumn and you'll fall in love with the car all over again.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:49 AM

Dreamer i started to get a bit bored of the S for a short time last year, I fully intended to sell the S this spring and get a GTR. But now starting to Mod it has got me Very into her (YES its a She ).
Going to the Ring next month in the S is a very exciting prospect, And hopfully all the new bits shpuld be on the car and a few new Cusco items More power... More pointy... More track fun... the S i love it makes my everyday commute enjoyable..

I say Take the air box cover off and find some tunnels
Old 02-04-2005, 12:03 PM

Jo and i chatted about this a fair bit last night on the way back from the meet. I don't think Jo should do anything until late spring / early summer when the car comes into its own.

Generally winter is cr@p for everything but driving anything bar a skidoo IMHO is just pants.

But it is very much Jo's decision and we'll see where this one goes

Quick Reply: Bored of my S?