UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bored of my S?

Old 02-07-2005, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neil if I can speak on Jo's behalf she has about 5 1/2k on the clock now.

The thing is Jo has yet to own the car during a summer, as she only got it in September. I think it may be a seasonal distortion of the facts rather than anything but we have discussed this.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:31 AM

Beccy (Ilovemys) told me that she thought her new S was slower than her old one until it got over 10k and was properly run in. In fact I seem to remember her saying that she was having trouble keeping up (only on the straights of course) with the S2000s on Arran when they hit vtec
Old 02-07-2005, 11:42 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Taking it out on the car is called transference.

I do this when I am wound up. A really good thrashing makes one feel better, and scares the crap out of those commuting slugs that cannot drive.

Friends/families being a PIA? Cut them out! If a relationship is toxic, it's not good for one, obviously. Ignore those responsible.

Best advice, change the commuting, not the car! I really do not know how anyone puts up with it these days. If it doesn't make one depressed, there is something wrong with that person's pysche!
Old 02-08-2005, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves' date='Feb 7 2005, 08:42 PM
Friends/families being a PIA? Cut them out! If a relationship is toxic, it's not good for one, obviously. Ignore those responsible.
I absolutely agree !!! Most people take the other attitude that you are supposed to sort things out buti can't be arsed so I am just not going to contact the family causing me the problem!

I think it might be transferrence though, I mangaed to get the roof down on the way to work today and open her up (6.5k miles btw on the clock) and get some nice noises out of her - I think I've got used to Kelk's PRM and older car with a bigger vtec kick which is exaggerated cos of the PRM noise suddenly ramping up at 6k, so I do think an exhaust would help make her throatier and more like a sports car sound - now just gotta do the sums !!!!!

Reckon I'll try and wash her and stuff this w/e too as she's filthy dirty covered in salt and that's not really helping!

Re the commute, not a lot I can do, but moving in about May time so hopefully no more M25 !
Old 02-08-2005, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer' date='Feb 8 2005, 10:00 AM
(6.5k miles btw on the clock)
the car is better after 10K miles

I personally thought the sound of the car early on in it's life was too harsh

it'll go quicker as well
Old 02-08-2005, 02:45 AM

interesting........ about ready for summer then based on current mileage of between 1 - 1.5k/month!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:27 AM

Jo, I am sure the summer months will change the way feel. I was lucky when I changed from S3 to S2000. I got my car in the best summer the UK has seen in decades and it was the hottest too. I picked the car up in April and the temperature was 20C+ and sunny the day I got it. That summer I drove with the top down 9/10 times for the next 4-5 months. Last summer was a little poor and it did get me down, the winter also got me down.

BUT its nearly spring, I have been getting the top down again in the summer and there is no doubting that the S2000 is way more fun and faster than my S3.

Give your car a good clean, make it shiney and go for a top down weekend 100 mile+ blast through the countryside.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:48 AM

When I got the S, it was top down for about 6 weeks every day - September was a beautiful month.

Hoping this is a temporary blip, managed to open her up a bit recently the corners of my mouth were starting to twitch upwards, especially after nearly losing it on the roundabout earlier!
Old 02-09-2005, 01:30 AM

Surely there must be some days over the winter where you get the top down I had mine down every morning the week before last... really clear weather and generally every Saturday (if it's not pi$hing down of course!)
Old 02-09-2005, 01:58 AM

Of course! Most days for at least a little bit! This really isn't about getting the roof down or not!

Quick Reply: Bored of my S?