UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

BMW E30 M3

Old 02-06-2005, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW E30 M3

Driving home back from Lincoln this morning I am cruising at a steady 80ish on a dual carriageway when I see a set of headlights on a black car approaching quickly. I had just had a quick blast over 90 so started to back off towards 70 just incase it was old bill. Then the car blasts past, a D reg black M3. At first I thought it was a chavved 325 but it was LHD and had the distinctive seats inside.

Normally I would have left him alone but a mile down the road was a big roundabout and it was too much to resist with the roads being perfectly dry. I drop a couple of cogs and give chase. He slows a fair bit before the roundabout and I brake very late into the roundabout and I am about 3 car length behind as he goes through, the backend skips a little as we begin to exit back onto the dual again. He pulls over to the left and I stay in the right hand lane, I catch him and go past him on the outside at about 100 km/h, I pull in front as I continue to accelerate to 120+ km/h and then back off, he gives me flash and the thumbs up as he overtakes me and shoots off into the distance at about 130+

It was really good fun, nothing else on the road and a safe encounter which are always the best. I thought it would have been harder, but he didn't really make the most of the roundabout and I am always impressed at how late you can leave the braking in the S and how smooth it goes through roundabouts at speed.

Its the first blast I have had against any other car in a long time. Roll on the dry summer months
Old 02-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I burned off a ford fiesta today, up Ricky hill and round the roundabout to chorleywood
Old 02-06-2005, 11:42 AM

Nice one Moff

I always like to read your encounters

although some on this board may point a discerning finger at you
Old 02-06-2005, 11:57 AM

We should have a UK street encounters section .
Old 02-06-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by GTFCTIM' date='Feb 6 2005, 12:57 PM
We should have a UK street encounters section .
Old 02-06-2005, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Moggy' date='Feb 6 2005, 08:42 PM
Nice one Moff

I always like to read your encounters

although some on this board may point a discerning finger at you
Thx

There shouldn't really be any issues with a little drag race, I just try and steer clear of the idiots in their Saxo's etc. Its usually the young lads that do something silly like a daft overtake, and its not worth it. I'm always up for a little traffic light grand prix or m/way (or dual carriageway) drag race if the situation and conditions are right.

I think a few poeple get flamed on here for the odd drag race... but hell, who cares

Keep safe
Old 02-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

LOL you ever read the street encounters forum, bloody great entertainment.

We don't need one here, people who are interested will read. And we don't have the problems the US did with the various car forums joining in and fighting with each other (virtually ofc )
Old 02-06-2005, 12:52 PM

I think those old M3's had about 215bhp, so not a lot of power in todays climate. They are respected as a fantastic piece of kit tho
Old 02-06-2005, 01:00 PM

I had a Mk1 Golf Gti for lunch the other day, not a prestigious kill by any means I know The poor chap looked visibly shaken when I VTECed past
Old 02-06-2005, 01:02 PM

The Street Encounters forum is always worth a giggle on a boring Friday afternoon. Some muppet in his SRT64 Chrysler something bitching about how quick his plastic POS is How exciting can a US duel be? Straight lines, not roundabout or decent corners

I think the Street Encounters forum should stay where it is

Quick Reply: BMW E30 M3