UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Blown Fuse Location?

Old 05-18-2012, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Fuse Location?

So I was trying to replace my rear plate bulbs last night, and had the lights on for illumination. Problem is, by the time I had taken the first bulb out, checked a text and replied, picked up and plugged in the new bulb, I forgot the lights where on and I think I've blown a fuse or something as all the rear lights (and front sidelights) no longer turn on

I know there's 3 fuse boxes, two under the bonnet and one under the dash on the drivers side. I just can't seem to locate what's happened as I can't see any blown fuses in the boxes under the bonnet. So I'm guessing if it is a blown fuse it will be under the driver side dash? But you can't see by simply looking under there, I'm going to have to take each one out! There's supposed to be a set of tweezers supplied in one of the fuse box locations, does anyone know the whereabouts of these bad boys, and any easy solutions to fix?

Thanks,

J
Old 05-18-2012, 04:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Surely the owners manual will tell you which fuse does what and lives where? That would be my first step
Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 AM

Yeah it does, but I can't see any that have blown
Old 05-18-2012, 06:39 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Are you sure you haven't just blown the other lamps by touching something when removing or refitting the number plate ones?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:48 AM

It's a right royal pain in the ass!! I had a blown fuse recently, used long nose pliers to pull them one by one whilst laying upside down under the dash
Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester
Are you sure you haven't just blown the other lamps by touching something when removing or refitting the number plate ones?
Well that would be a PITA if I have, haven't checked, will do when I'm out of the office!

Originally Posted by bobonacus
It's a right royal pain in the ass!! I had a blown fuse recently, used long nose pliers to pull them one by one whilst laying upside down under the dash
They'll be me in a few hours most probably, actually thinking more like tomorrow as I've got a free bar later with work! Better not be attempting it after that!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 AM

I'd guess you need a mini 10A blade fuse in no.23

Or one of the 10A ones on the above diagram related to the lights. Don't pull the fuses out with mini pliers, they're metal and the fusebox is live. The fuse removal tool is usually clipped into the fusebox board, you'll see it once you get under there.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 AM

Thanks Fester,

A LOT of helpful stuff there, appreciate it!

Is the second diagram the lid of fusebox under the drivers side dash? If it is then I didn't see it when I briefly looked! Just all the fuses, so that just might come in handy!

Thanks again mate!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM

It's not the lid as there isn't one. It's on the kick panel just beneath the bonnet release catch i think. Which is probably why you missed it
Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM

So managed to find it, and you were right it was the
mini 10A fuse in number 23! So it all works how it did now, just a shame the bulbs I intended on fitting didn't work in the end!

Quick Reply: Blown Fuse Location?