UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is Blackpool dangerous for S2Ks?

Old 05-10-2004, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting my new motor on Weds and obviously want any opportunity to show it off .

I have the perfect venue this coming bank holiday as I have a stag do in the lovely seaside resort of Blackpool.

What I want to know, from anyone who knows the area, is if it is going to be safe to park my new baby in Blackpool

Seems a waste to buy a new car and then have to use public transport to get there!

sammy - I have edited out your EXACT location where your car will be for you - AE
Old 05-10-2004, 04:56 AM

Go by train.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:00 AM

I have to say you are either joking or FCUKING MAD putting a postcode and date where your car *might* be.

Good luck with the new car though, i've had mine for 4 days now and love it. Not telling you where it is though ....
Old 05-10-2004, 05:02 AM

The only time I've ever had my car (not an S) broken into was in Blackpool, when I went to the police station they told me it was probably some scallies from Liverpool, who apparently go up there by the coach load to rob from tourists cars....

Make of that what you will (and apologies to any scousers on the board!)
Old 05-10-2004, 05:11 AM

Originally posted by richb
I have to say you are either joking or FCUKING MAD putting a postcode and date where your car *might* be.

Good luck with the new car though, i've had mine for 4 days now and love it. Not telling you where it is though ....

you really reckon people are really logging on here with the hope of finding out location detail so they can drive there and steal an S2000

If they want one that desperately Im sure they have much better plans in progress IMO
Old 05-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

sammy i have edited your post!!

We had a Blackpool Topless meet and afaik all the cars were ok. Kris_2k is from blackpool perhaps ask him, or Jaeger

Old 05-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Administrator

oh, and it's insured isnt it?
Old 05-10-2004, 05:23 AM

I must admit that the 'postcode plus map/directions to my car' thought did cross my mind just after I had pressed the submit button but then I thought what the no-one could help me if I just put Blackpool as I'm sure there are plenty of areas to park in BP that are fine.

My main problem was that the location is soooo close to the front that I expect it'll be chav city.

I think I'll get the train
Old 05-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Administrator

PM Jaeger, he'll know where you can park it safely

Would be a shame not to cruise the front in it daytime
Old 05-10-2004, 06:12 AM

I left my car there for a bit over the weekend whilst visiting the inlaws () Hid it away a bit but no problems. If you don't have a car park where you are staying there is a secure car park in the town centre above wilkinsons which I would have thought would be alright and it's locked overnight.

Quick Reply: Is Blackpool dangerous for S2Ks?