UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Black Circles Approved Fitters

Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Circles Approved Fitters

If you've used Black Circles before, have you paid attention to the customer feedback and star rating that the fitting centres have been given? I won't be doing that anymore.

When I got my last set of tyres fitted, I took it to a little scruffy place which had four stars based on 54 reviews. It was spot on. Whilst I waited the owner chatted away to me about cars and the S2000, then showed me around his lovely classic Rover (P5, IIRC). They also asked me what pressures I wanted, which I've never come across in the past.

Yesterday I took it to a place with 5 stars based on 66 reviews. They grunted at me and asked me to drive the car in. I know grunts are to be expected from some places like this, but they never even smiled. Miserable ****s.

As he was fitting the tyres I sloped off outside to wait, and stood at the doorway watching the ape amble around the car doing his job. Another bloke came and asked me to sign the receipt thing, to confirm there was no damage and that they'd done a good job. This was before he started on the second tyre.

Then some smoke started billowing out from somewhere. It was one of the other fitters having a fag in the workshop. I'm a smoker, so I'm not complaining about someones right to have a fag. In the workshop though?

Once the ape had done his job, he said "there you go", and sloped off. That was it. Lovely experience.

Maybe I shouldn't complain, as they did the job perfectly fine. I just thought a bit of customer care would be nice.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give measured feedback and don't return
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 AM

Precisely what I will be doing. You'd imagine that they'd make a bit of an effort though, knowing that the feedback goes online.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 AM

They have probably forgotten
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 AM

Very poor review given. They still have 5 stars.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:54 AM

Averaging
Old 07-24-2009, 02:58 AM

Tempted to keep going back there for years to come, just so I get the opportunity to knock a few stars off.

Or, alternatively, I could just go elsewhere and screw the idiots that follow those pointless reviews. Like I did.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:20 AM

I agree, had some fitted a few months back, equally poor customer relationship.

I usually get the tyres mail order then arrange fitting myself but it was a bit cheaper to pay for a fully fitted price.

Won't do it again, I had arranged a time to take the car in and when I got there I was told to leave the car and come back in 4 hours!
I went back after 3 hours of walking around aimlessly and they still hadn't finished fitting my 2 tyres.
They weren't a busy operation either, not a dedicated tyre fitting place though, think they did a bit of everything. Well they won't be doing a bit of anything of mine ever again

Lesson learned.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:26 AM

Four hours!

I have to be honest and say that these guys were reasonably quick to do the job. I'd have rather they took a little longer and treat me a bit better though.

I did exactly the same as you in the past; ordered them to be delivered, and arranged fitting separately. I'll just be getting it done by the four-star place in future. It's a bit farther afield, but at least I can have a chat with someone who speaks in words of multiple syllables whilst I'm waiting.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 AM

I tend to go to a local Protyre and haven't had any issues. They've always managed it within the hour when I've gone doen there, which means you can get them done in a slightly extended lunch break.

Which tyres did you go for in the end?

Quick Reply: Black Circles Approved Fitters