UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Big thanks to Ang and Ray

Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 AM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Big thanks to Ang and Ray

Just want to say thanks to Ang (F3 ANG) and her husband Ray for the free use of their ramp today along with their diagnostic kit.

I went over there this morning to reset my EPS and to see what was rattling on my car at 2k ish rpm.

Ray was really really helpful, managed to carry out the 'learn' process on the EPS with his kit, put the car on his new ramp and found that my cat is rattling. Also just out of interest we put his alignment kit on my car to check the geo set up incase i have hit a pot hole or something which has influenced my steering but all seemed ok since Chris @ CG did it in October.

Ray didn't want anything in return for his time and his equipment, Ray also told me that his ramp is open to forum members to use for free if its available so as i live 30mins away i will be popping over to borrow the ramp to do oil changes, diff oil and box oil changes instead of doing it on the driveway on axle stands.

Its sad to say that there aren't many people around like this anymore.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They really are two great people and are a real credit to the forum.
Ange and Ray have helped me with the undersealing on the car and will be heloping me do the siezed adjuster bolts on my geo at the end of the month.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 AM

Hi Robin, glad we could help out, sorry i wasn't there to meet you but i was working till 2, I'll catch you next time,

I have already ordered the heated seat kits (Ray was telling me they don't do them for the S2000 ),

i think the next job sounds like a newly covered steering wheel after he told me how good yours looked.

PS, i'm married to my S2000 him in doors is just the boyfriend

Ang
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F3 ANG
I have already ordered the heated seat kits (Ray was telling me they don't do them for the S2000 ),
Really? Wonder what it was I fitted to mine today then?

It is lovely to chat to proper motor enthusiasts like Ang and Ray. I must get over again at some point soon.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by GaryB
Originally Posted by F3 ANG' timestamp='1328983800' post='21405366
Really? Wonder what it was I fitted to mine today then?

It is lovely to chat to proper motor enthusiasts like Ang and Ray. I must get over again at some point soon.
Hi Gary, i asked Ray before winter about heated seats, RobinA3 turned up at the Garage with them fitted, so he had to spill the beans before Robin told me ,so i ordered them as soon he sent me the link,cheers Robin

how long did it take to fit, any tips,
Old 02-11-2012, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, wear gloves. I've sliced my fingers to ribbons on my seat base. Lol.

I only did the drivers side and I am wiring them up Sunday morning as they didn't arrive until Saturday lunchtime.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Fitted mine about a year ago but just don't seem to be able to get around to doing the final connecting of the wiring
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by GaryB
Yeah, wear gloves. I've sliced my fingers to ribbons on my seat base. Lol.

I only did the drivers side and I am wiring them up Sunday morning as they didn't arrive until Saturday lunchtime.
are you putting in the pass side to day,,, at least it's not snowing,,,, mine you it's damm cold to be messing with wiring.

Have you reused the hog rings or used tie raps to put the cover back on,
Old 02-11-2012, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by unclefester
Fitted mine about a year ago but just don't seem to be able to get around to doing the final connecting of the wiring

He'd better not take a year to connect mine up, or else
Old 02-12-2012, 12:10 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd suggest someone installs a collection pot on Ray's counter!

Quick Reply: Big thanks to Ang and Ray