UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The big "quest for more power" thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SSEL,Aug 11 2006, 11:04 AM
we'r doing a bit of a special one at the moment - will post the results after the move
Don't you guys have any work to do
Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks Lucky. The Unichip on mine works wonders, really impressed with it. Like the HKS, they havent sussed the VTEC control on it though. They can do it on all other Honda's though

None of the MOT / immob issues that you get with aftermarket ECU's, and its cheaper, and mapped to your mods.

Ant, would be great to get your thoughs on N/A go faster mods One thing id like to know, can the stock exhaust be utilised with a decat, intake, header, TB etc, and still get good results? I hate noise and from what little I can gather, the stock zorst, although very heavy, breathes very well.

Ta,

MB (enjoying this thread )
Old 08-11-2006, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about the S2000 exhaust Mark, but i know of a few supercharged CTR's that run the standard back box. Apparantely it doesnt become restritive till after 300bhp. The only part of the sytem that is restrictive is the B pipe.

Sounds really good not a lot of exhaust noise but loads of charger whine.

Would really like to charge my S, but comparative to other Honda super charger kits the bang per buck seems to be very high. Unlike you i wouldnt have a clue where to start so the fitting costs ect send it even higher. Is this due to the fact that its a more complex arrangement on the S or that they dont sell many so costs have to be made back?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:23 AM
MB

I think its because competition is pretty low. There are a couple of axial flow types people are testing, but these are very slow to come through. Jackon racing dont seem to have latched on either. I dont think they are very complex specifically for the S - both Vortech and Comptech do a range of blowers, and just adapt the fitting kit and fuelling gizmo's to fit each car. The market seems to be there in the US though, jusdging from the amount of group buys!

I got a quote on a non AC Comptech for $4700 delivered to the UK. But would have to add on duty to that And nobody in the US wants to sell ship 2nd haand ones over here!

MB
Old 08-11-2006, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there must be cheap tickets to the USA.. bring it back in the luggage?

I have done similar from Japan..

I am looking for info on a simple oil cooler installation?? Anything seen from USA as a good deal.. as I am going to the states next month..
Old 08-11-2006, 04:45 AM
MB

Kobe, I missed out as I was just in the US and could have had an S/C delivered to the hotel. I dint see the reply from Nopi though

Look in the group buy place and get one of the vendors to deliver something to you.

Some people onhere have them. I always liked Mocal ones.

MB
Old 08-11-2006, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by echo66,Aug 11 2006, 08:44 AM
I know a thoroughly crazy 06 owner who is considering selling his so he can buy an older one & put a supercharger on it. I'm sure the lunatic will be along shortly as soon as he's clocked this thread.

Over to you No Lez.

Ed

Seriously I'd love a SC but I share MB's concerns about lack of experienced UK tuners.

I'd love to fit a SC to my 06 but there is even less chance of that!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:26 AM
MB

Mikey, I like your thinking. The 06 S/C's are going to take a while I think, plus you have a warranty to think of. If you could get an 02 ish white one for good money, you could Comptech it and have a pretty cool car!

I really think the Comptech non A/C is the way to go. I like the fact its not not tooooooo much power and really easy to fit. Plus most people seem to get on v well with just the standard fuelling stuff it comes with.

Get in!

MB
Old 08-12-2006, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Aug 12 2006, 11:26 AM
I really think the Comptech non A/C is the way to go. I like the fact its not not tooooooo much power and really easy to fit. Plus most people seem to get on v well with just the standard fuelling stuff it comes with.

Get in!

MB
This is in an interesting thread as i've been researching s/c's for a while now!

I fancy the comptech with the a/c to hopefully reduce intake temps and chances of melting my pistons!

as for tuning it there does seem to be a lack of companies but I have been speaking to one who say they can do a full map using an hks fcon, most people on here prefer the ems though but when I asked I was told the fcon is better and has better mapping properties? can control the vtec change over better? (no idea how true that is i've not looked into ecu's yet)

anyway the most important thing is do you think there would be enough people to setup a comptech group buy from the states?

i'm gonna speak to a few importers soon and see if they can get hold of them and for how much, i'll report back when I find out
Old 08-12-2006, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried Nitrous on the F20?

Quick Reply: The big "quest for more power" thread