UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Beware of buyclutch.com

Old 05-17-2007, 12:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware of buyclutch.com

Guys,

buyclutch.com and trade on ebay as shozone

Whatever you do, don't even bother contacting these guys over a clutch. There customer services is utterly appalling.

I bought a clutch from them just before Christmas and got it shipped to the UK. Took it to my local Honda garage to be fitted and it was the wrong bloody kit. After a few searches on the internet, I found out that they had sent me a suzuki Swift 1.3 clutch in an S2000 clutch box. Needless to say, the Swift clutch is pretty much worthless compared to an S2000 clutch.

I contacted them and they ignored my emails. Went to bidpay who didn't have much luck. So here I am, warning you all about this company.

I now have a clutch that is useless and they won't exchange it for me!!!!

DONT EVEN TOUCH THEM!

Hope this steers a few people away from them!

Nick
Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

cheers for the heads up
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 AM

Did you buy with a credit card?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:00 AM

Bummer.

Cheers for the heads up matey. If you paid via PayPal, can't you raise a dispute against them?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a clutch off ebay for my crx from seller called justclutch. Paid extra for faster delivery. However it never arrived. After emailing them, they offered me full refund straight away. Although the deal went wrong, I'd still recommend them because they reply to all my emails, sounded really nice, and quick to action.

Hope you get you money back.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:40 AM

Payed via bidpay! All of my emails have been ignored. I'm out of pocket around
Old 05-17-2007, 05:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by j8mie,May 17 2007, 09:00 AM
Bummer.

Cheers for the heads up matey. If you paid via PayPal, can't you raise a dispute against them?
I had a problem like this a couple of years back - I had paid by credit card but via PayPal. Turned out that (according to my card company but who had sorted out supplier disputes succesfully in the past for me) I had a contract with PayPal for them to take my funds (which they had fulfiled) but none with the supplier and hence the card company couldn't help. They suggested I try PayPal who were a waste of time also and the supplier (like the one here) wouldn't reply to my emails.

To cut a long story short I refuse to have anything to do with PayPal these days and always check that I'm dealing direct if I buy anything online or I don't bother. Even if PayPal have tried to address this problem now (which I think somebody told me they have) I won't use them or anybody else who operates in a similar way out of principle now.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PayPal are a great for the buyer these days but really really rip the sells off big time. Every time I have sold something on ebay first Ebay take a big cut and then Paypal take there cut... its hardly worth selling anything for under
Old 05-17-2007, 05:35 AM

Bidpay were utterly useless. I thought at least they would just take the money back from buyclutch.com and refund me so I could then send the items back!

Whatever you do, don't buy from these cowboys!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=JennyJ,May 17 2007, 01:23 PM] PayPal are a great for the buyer these days but really really rip the sells off big time. Every time I have sold something on ebay first Ebay take a big cut and then Paypal take there cut... its hardly worth selling anything for under

Quick Reply: Beware of buyclutch.com