UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Being screw*d on a car deal.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Screwed
Old 07-29-2006, 10:14 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

There's another sort?

Dominatrices, possibly.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Selling a car is a PITA, you get all sorts of timewasters, especially with performance cars. If someone says they'll come back to you tomorrow with a decision, you have to take that with a pinch of salt IMHO.

The best way to avoid stuff like this is to let your money do the talking, if you really, seriously wanted the car you should have put some money on the table as a security. You could agree in writing that if the HPI shows anything untoward, the deposit is returnable. That way, you have more than a 'gentlemen's agreement' behind the deal, which frankly, is bollocks when
Old 07-29-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GSi,Jul 29 2006, 08:05 AM
I keep meaning to send that to you and I WAS thinking it was very mature of you not to mention it in public.. but now

One day I'll get around to it

p.s Lou posted on the FS&W forum after this thread was started so he will have seen this, I really don't think you'll get any sort of answer on this thread.
I still haven't outed the pink shirt wearing, teddy bear hugging bloke yet.

Do you think you've given it away though?

ps DC to get points today!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Neil.H,Jul 29 2006, 06:44 PM] Selling a car is a PITA, you get all sorts of timewasters, especially with performance cars. If someone says they'll come back to you tomorrow with a decision, you have to take that with a pinch of salt IMHO.

The best way to avoid stuff like this is to let your money do the talking, if you really, seriously wanted the car you should have put some money on the table as a security. You could agree in writing that if the HPI shows anything untoward, the deposit is returnable. That way, you have more than a 'gentlemen's agreement' behind the deal, which frankly, is bollocks when
Old 07-30-2006, 01:42 AM

Seems Lou has had 2 strikes with pretty poor treatment of his fellow S2k members, even if he was not legally bound - can't the mods ban him from the For Sale forum to avoid any chance of him messing around another S2ki member?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:48 AM

It's something to consider, Alex - but I doubt he'll be back anyway, having sold up and moved on to a Cayman.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:58 AM

No doubt someone from here will track Lou down on the Gayman forum and post something appropriate over there - not that I'd encourage any behaviour like that of course
Old 07-30-2006, 02:09 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE=nattcharles,Jul 28 2006, 03:26 PM] Its a shame in this day an age that a gentlemans agreement on the sale of a car seems to be worthless especially when the seller of the car looks like he is a respected member of this forum.
I refer to the sale of this car and its owner Lou:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=389177

Quite frankly I don't care how many of you flame me for what I am about to say or if the post gets removed, I feel I am making a fair and valid point.

I went with a friend on his behalf to look at this car on Wednesday night driving from Alconbury to Northampton to do so.
After having a long chat with the owner and having a good look over the car my friend who was interested in purchasing the car asked if it would be ok if he could give Lou an answer regaring the purchase the following day after running an HPI check. Lou agreed to this telling us the car had some outstanding finance but everything else on the HPI check should be clear.

The next morning (Thursday) my friend ran the HPI check at a cost of
Old 07-30-2006, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Jul 30 2006, 10:48 AM
It's something to consider, Alex - but I doubt he'll be back anyway, having sold up and moved down to a Cayman.
Edited.

Quick Reply: Being screw*d on a car deal.