UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Behaviour since first service

Old 03-25-2005, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting Nick - I did take it straight back to the dealer, but they couldn't offer any insight into what the problem might be.

I will monitor it for the next few days and see how it goes, but I'm not happy at all. The car is only 6 months old, I don't expect issues to be caused by a service
Old 03-25-2005, 10:55 PM

Good morning Jo, read this with interest.

As far as I am aware there is nothing on the first service that would cause the problems that you and others are experiencing, only the oil and filter is changed and the rest of the work is all about checking.

I shall speak to the technicians on Tuesday when they are in next and see if they can think of anything that would cause it.

Shall also check on Honda data to see if there is anything noted there.

Dave.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:48 AM

Thanks Davey - I mentioned it to Victor at the time - I think he's called me back but I've been off-work so not been picking up the work moby. Back at work on Thursday so will catch up on VM etc.

The problem hasn't gone away. The details I've gathered so far:

Happens when slowing down quickly and then dipping the clutch when coming to a halt, as opposed to engine braking gradually to a stop.

Seems to happen when engine is a bit warm, but oil won't be completely warmed up.

Feels like: imagine the car is idling and you turn on the a/c, lights etc., and you get a bit of a shiver as the engine takes the load.

Definately never happened before the service, has happened a handful of times since the service - probably 1000 miles done since service.

Jo
Old 03-29-2005, 11:55 AM

Might be worth doing an ECU reset and idle learn.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the info Jo, must admit I forgot to ask today so shall print out your reply and take it tomorrow - only in for about an hour in the morning, and Vic is on holiday.

Hopefully may have a possible solution after I have asked the question, shall let you know.

Vic did call as a matter of courtesy to ensure you were OK with the work that was carried out to the mods etc, was trying to make sure everything went smoothly.

Dave.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:31 PM

Thanks Dave - I will call Vic back and let him know how the fixes are - when is he back?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:00 PM

He's back Monday - best time to get him is late morning onwards.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:38 PM

Given the car is under warranty I'd find something reproduceable and get it back to the stealer.

Of course if you send it to the stealer with an intermittent fault they'll claim they couldn't find anything and have some fun in your car trying to replicate it but if you can find a way of replicating it consistently they don't have an excuse...
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 PM

Our MY00 does this when cold too. Always learn't to live with it. It has never actually stalled.

260 miles on a tank!!!!???.........................one thing to say either its raining really heavily or your not trying hard enough!!

Edd
Old 03-29-2005, 11:44 PM

the grease monkeys probably reset the ecu to hide the fact theyve just been doing vtec donuts in the car park behind

Quick Reply: Behaviour since first service