UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

BC Coilovers

Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BC Coilovers

Now I've introduced myself on here i'd like to delve into the combined knowledge of you all and gather opinions and experiences with BC coilovers.

I'm looking at getting the BR series ones, with the option of rubber or pillowball top mounts. Linky link here >http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/applicati...ap2-00-09.html

I guess what I want to know is:

Does anyone run these?

What are they like for damping quality?

What spring rates are people favouring?

Would I be best to swing towards rubber or pillowball mounts?

I'm primarily going to be using it on the road with the occasional trackday thrown in. Its my daily driver too so I don't want them to be rock hard.

Thanks in advance everyone
Old 04-10-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a look at meister r also. Lots on here run them, myself included. A good all round coilover to start with. I think there maybe deals in the trader section on them also.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As above check out Meister R. I am ordering my set next week my friend had them on his civic and they were fantastic. Ride quality was nice as well.

In case you haven't found it here is a review of the BC's https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/861...lovers-review/
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had MeisterR Zeta-S coilovers and now have BC Racing BR Series. Both are much of a muchness to be honest, I can't tell any difference in ride or performance.

I've also dealt with both companies and from a customer service point of view have been good. Jerrick at MeisterR is exceptionally good with customer service. I had an issue and he replied to my e-mail at 11pm sending out the replacement part on next day delivery first thing in the morning!

Go for rubber top mounts though regardless of brand if its mainly for road use as they're stiff enough as it is; I'd suspect pillowball mounts would make the ride pretty harsh.

HTH
Old 04-10-2013, 01:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have BC BR's. they've been on the car for 4years without any problem.

I went for springs 2kg/mm softer than BC's standard recommendation as my car is for A and B road blasting, not track days, but in hindsight I think the BC recommendation would have been better - I have to set the dampers pretty stiff to get the best out of them. I fitted mine with another (former) owner who went for the stiffer springs and his car rode well enough.

Hope this is useful........
Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Thanks for all the input guys! I've looked at meister's too but I can get a very keen price on bc's which is swaying me that way if I'm honest and I've heard a lot of good things about them too. Still got a bit of time before I buy so any further input is gratefully received
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by RobAp1
Thanks for all the input guys! I've looked at meister's too but I can get a very keen price on bc's which is swaying me that way if I'm honest and I've heard a lot of good things about them too. Still got a bit of time before I buy so any further input is gratefully received
PM me about where youre going to get them and if youre going to upgrade to the swift springs or not.

I'm in the market for a new set of coilovers. Interested in Buddy club RSDs, Tein mono flexes and these BC BR types with either 10kg or 12kg swift spring rates on front and rear.

I'm running KW v3's and im not that flattered with them. too soft anyway.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have BC BR types and the're better than I expected. Meister Rs are quite similar to them.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by subwayasian
Originally Posted by RobAp1' timestamp='1365629388' post='22465447
PM me about where youre going to get them and if youre going to upgrade to the swift springs or not.

I'm in the market for a new set of coilovers. Interested in Buddy club RSDs, Tein mono flexes and these BC BR types with either 10kg or 12kg swift spring rates on front and rear.

I'm running KW v3's and im not that flattered with them. too soft anyway.
If and when i buy, i'll be running the springs they come with from BC. As far as supplier goes, i 'd guess they'd be a fair bit cheaper in the US than in Europe anyway?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:49 AM

Can offer great S2ki discounted prices on BC's if you still havent purchased

Quick Reply: BC Coilovers