UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bank Holiday car cleaning II

Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Bank Holiday car cleaning II

Hope you don't mind more clean pics to look at ... here are mine taken today, I still need to get to grips with this camera!

Swirl free I do believe

Wet through !!

Flake and Pop!!

Even More Flake and Pop !!!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:04 AM

Meh, not bad.

Look the nuts
Old 08-24-2008, 09:07 AM

looking good

I'm treating mine to a minor detail with some Dodo Juice Lime Prime tomorrow and a nice soft LC pad followed by some #915. The interior will be getting done Tuesday afternoon when the Honda full length mats arrive

Was this a full correction? What did you use Paul?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 AM

Looks good, my car is a disgrace atm as I have no time to wash it properly, when I get half a chance I'm doing two full days on it!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 AM

Wow now thats a CLEAN car, awsome job Paul as usual
Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How pissed off am I, sunny everywhere bar Stoke
Old 08-24-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by s2ook,Aug 24 2008, 06:07 PM
looking good

I'm treating mine to a minor detail with some Dodo Juice Lime Prime tomorrow and a nice soft LC pad followed by some #915. The interior will be getting done Tuesday afternoon when the Honda full length mats arrive

Was this a full correction? What did you use Paul?
Cheers everyone thanks for the kind words, I have some more photies just taken on our beach will pop them up if they are any good later tonight.

To be honest s2ook I am not a big fan of anything that changes the natural colour of the cars paint, so I am careful not to use things like dodo juice, although I do appreciate some people like their cars darkened etc by these products.

To answer your question, I did a little bit of correction a few weeks ago (Menzerna IP followed by Menzerna FP) to remove most of the swirls (90% or so) so this was simply a wash with Poorboys super slick shampoo, polish Meguiars #7 (bitch to use, but superb finish) followed by 3 coats of Zaino.

Wayne as long as it was dry then all is good, I prefer non sunny days to detail to be honest

Cheers Steve, Mikey.

Danny find some time before JAE won't you (assuming you are going?)

Mytse - cheers, loved the pics of your car too, its always difficult getting white to show its best on photographs, you did a great job!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:36 AM

Hi Paul,

Are you thinking of the Dodo Waxes? The Lime Prime's a pre-wax cleaner with mild abrasives (similar to #80) which has excellent lubrication. I'm giving it a go because reports on DW suggest it's one of the best products for minor correction on 'sticky' Honda paint and can be used to supplement other polishes and prevent premature drying. I use collinite #915 as a LSP. I used to use #7 but it kills durability on the collinite How do you find it with Zaino? Do you apply by hand or RO?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut,Aug 24 2008, 11:26 AM
Cheers everyone thanks for the kind words, I have some more photies just taken on our beach will pop them up if they are any good later tonight.

To be honest s2ook I am not a big fan of anything that changes the natural colour of the cars paint, so I am careful not to use things like dodo juice, although I do appreciate some people like their cars darkened etc by these products.

To answer your question, I did a little bit of correction a few weeks ago (Menzerna IP followed by Menzerna FP) to remove most of the swirls (90% or so) so this was simply a wash with Poorboys super slick shampoo, polish Meguiars #7 (bitch to use, but superb finish) followed by 3 coats of Zaino.

Wayne as long as it was dry then all is good, I prefer non sunny days to detail to be honest

Cheers Steve, Mikey.

Danny find some time before JAE won't you (assuming you are going?)

Mytse - cheers, loved the pics of your car too, its always difficult getting white to show its best on photographs, you did a great job!
My exams start on 1st Sept no JAE for me

Quick Reply: Bank Holiday car cleaning II