UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Autoleads -what am I doing wrong?

Old 06-17-2010, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autoleads -what am I doing wrong?

installed my Alpine 9850Ri today and to my dissapointment the stalk controls do not work (apart from mute) I cant see what ive done wrong as there seems nothing to mess up. So is it a case of incompatibility as its quite an old Alpine or is it a faulty lead maybe?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:05 AM

Is there a reset button on the HU?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:07 AM

What leads did you use? I bought two different ones for my Alpine and it works a treat.

Chad.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM

no button for reset, I just unplugged it for 20 secs but still no joy
Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 AM

leads I used was PC99-X61 & PC99-ALP
Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 AM

Cool, that's what I used. Now then, assuming you've wired them all up correctly.....Possibly easier to start over by unplugging your HU from all wiring as apparently the autoleads are a bit stroppy. Now then, plug all back in apart from the small 3.5mm headphones style one. With this one still unplugged, power up the unit. Tune in a station. Turn your key off. Leave to simmer for a few seconds. Turn key back on. This is to make sure your powers are the right way round and you don't lose the channel, but second and most important, it's to charge up that little black box from autoleads. Now then, with that all done, assuming it didn't lose it's station. Turn key off again. Plug in the 3.5mm jack. Power back up. Hopefully this will sort you out.

Chad.

P.S. Sorry if it's a bit confusing, I've not had much sleep this week.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:22 AM

im pretty sure thats what I did, maybe I need to leave the jack unplugged for longer. I will try again
Old 06-17-2010, 11:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW if you have mute then you have a mute relay, this means not all the controls will work

in between the harness for the autoleads and the headunit harness there is another harness.. (if that makes sense) disconnect it and connect the autoleads harness straight into it..

I'll try to explain that again..

The harness (wiring) from the car which goes to the radio.. if you pull it all the way out (untuck it from hiding behind places etc) you will find that there is actually another plug half way through it that you can remove.. that harness in the end is just for the mute, remove that then connect the autoleads straight to the harness coming from the car..

That should fix it..

PM me if it doesn't make sense
Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 AM

It shouldn't need long. Only a few seconds while you try the channel etc. I remember there was a wire looped together in one of the autolead connectors....green maybe???? But also, next to this looped one was two wires the same colour with a male and a female plug on, they had to be joined together too, think they were like a pink ish kinda colour. But check first, I aint gonna be responsible if it's wrong.....
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 AM

Joeh you are a star! problem solved and everything is working ace now. Many thanks

Quick Reply: Autoleads -what am I doing wrong?