UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aus Intake Extensions now available.

Old 10-16-2002, 03:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

So far Red and Black are the favourites.

I've got a Silver and Yellow in production so it will be interesting to see how they look. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a yellow S to show the yellow on but I think it will look incredible.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wayne,
Again thanks, this is a great product and at the perfect price. I took mine to someone who air brushed it and it took care of about 90% and at a very low cost. As I said I think after looking at it the scratch occured during shipping.
Jimmy
Old 10-16-2002, 08:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I will definitely readdress the packaging of this item. As you can imagine it is very hard to wrap and if I do the sort of packaging I would like to do (big box, lots of padding) the freight price would increase dramatically and draw more attention from customs. Just as an indicator, when I imported the original sample from the US it came in a big box. So did the bill. It cost me $360 in freight alone.

I think I will do a 'Toblerone' shaped cardboard structure with thick padding. It won't protect from someone dropping a piano on it but then not much will.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:08 AM

Wayne,

How much is your console cover in Blk. PM me if you don't mind.

Jimmy
Old 10-17-2002, 10:12 AM

Guys,

I have to pass this along. The weather finally cleared here in the sunny south. It is about 75 out and roads are dry. I think you probably know where this is going. I decided that I would play a little hooky from work this morning and really see how the intake would improve my performance. The only thing I can say is WOW!!! I immediately noticed much quicker throttle response and it seemed to get up to speed much faster. This has been the best money I have spent on the car to date. GREAT JOB Wayne!
Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 10-17-2002, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be checking mine out properly over the weekend hopefully, but that's a pretty large scoop at the business end Jimmy, and the faster you go, the more effective the ram air intake!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:50 AM

Cedric,
At 115 it felt like it had quite a bit more to go considering I was in 4th. I hope you have as much fun finding out how good the intake is as I have had.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:50 PM

Oh, I don't know......
I'm just about sold. What to do... What to do ?

What sort of a delivery lead time are we looking at Wayne?
I'm also still thinking of getting the headrests we talked about a while back. Black with possibly black embroidery remember? How long would they take?

And then if I do get it, which colour to go for????
The Blue to match the Monte Carlo (does it match?)
The Black so it doesn't show through the grill too much.
Or the Red just to look flash and go with the engine cover?
I hate these tough decisions.

Then there's all the other makes of CAI... It's a minefield.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fletch
PM me your e-mail and I'll send you my grill instructions. (How to make) You can then have any colour CAI you want!
Old 10-17-2002, 01:56 PM

Fletch, check out Cheshire_Carper's group buy thread if you're interested. I think CC is going to try to negotiate with the suppliers for some form of GB discount. One of the supplier's on his list is Aus (which may well be news to Aus himself ). I'm in for an intake extension and some headrests.

Quick Reply: Aus Intake Extensions now available.