UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aus Intake Extensions now available.

Old 10-14-2002, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wayne,

It is on the top. I can't tell if it was shipping or manufacturing. It is more cosmetic. Just let me know how to touch it up.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 10-15-2002, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My morning and evening commutes can be a real sod in nose to tail traffic with the evening one being by far the worst. This morning though, someone but his car through railings in the wet and caused an almighty traffic hold up so I had a really good chance to assess the CAI for the main reason I got it...e.g. the engine has never been happy standing idling in traffic for any length of time. It sometimes starts to surge and 'hunt' for want of a better description and I've always thought it was probably due to the build up of hot air under the bonnet being drawn into the intake.

Totally different ball game this morning though ... heard none of that from the engine at all, and engine pick-up on driving off is much smoother. Overall the car is much more pleasant to drive in heavy slow traffic. Jan remarked on it without any soliciting from me!

It's gone much colder anyway the last few days and I'd like to have checked it out while the weather was still warmer, but I don't think the car has ever been as smooth and responsive under those conditions before. A CAI has got to be a really beneficial mod considering the poor location of the stock intake, and it's something Honda should be looking at IMHO for any tweaks they may be considering.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by JimmyB
Just let me know how to touch it up.
Send me a photo if you can.

Depending on the position I don't think you can suitably touch it up. It's just like the car, paint and clearcoat.

If you would get a quote from a paint shop for a rub down and respray (I'll email you the colour code) we can look at either that or a replacement.

It is very important to me that everyone is happy (hopefully as happy as Cedric) with this products.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:05 AM

Wayne,
I really appreciate your concern. I have a friend that may be able to air brush it in to get it close. As for the fit and performance I could not be happier. I did my installation just a bit differently that you recommended. I cut out the half of the air dam where the intake goes so as to keep as much air hitting the radiator as possible. I than reinstalled the Engine Bay Accessory to make it look a bit more finished as well as keeping more air flowing to the radiator it also helps to keep the engine compartment cleaner. The Engine Bay Accessory is also a perfect fit so nothing has to be modified. I will let you know about how the touch up goes and again thanks.
Jimmy
Old 10-15-2002, 09:20 AM

Jimmy.

So come on then... whatcha think!
Old 10-15-2002, 09:53 AM

Cedric,

I installed it last evening and took it out. I noticed a big improvement in throttle response and the overall engine performance was also improved. Where I think I will see the biggest improvement will be when the outside temperatures start to get into the high 80s and 90s as that was where I noticed the most engine degradation. Honda did a poor job with their stock air box, because it pulls in only hot air off the engine, now I can get clean cool air. Over all I am extremely happy, and can't wait until this weekend when I can really run it hard.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:18 AM

Great stuff!! It's windy, cold, wet and rainy as hell here. I just heard it's going to be sunny on Saturday, but looking out of the window, it's hard to believe!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:24 AM

I know the feeling. We have 50 degrees and heavy rain. They say the weekend should be nice, can't wait.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:09 PM

Great write up Cedric and Jimmy!

I have also placed an order for a red one!

Can't wait to get it on the car! Cheers guys!
Old 10-16-2002, 03:26 PM

BTW AUS - The air extensions looks great - espcially in red!!!!! Nice one Cedric

Quick Reply: Aus Intake Extensions now available.