UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aus Intake Extensions now available.

Old 10-30-2002, 07:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry for the delay guys. I was in hospital today for a quick procedure so I've been offline. Firstly, let me just say that these intakes come with a satisfaction guarantee. If anyone is not satisfied, please return it for replacement or refund.

Need4speed - I would appreciate some feedback on the damage to your intake. Where, how big etc? Do you suspect it happened in transit of manufacture?

As for the deformaty, I suspec it is excess bonding resin between the two halves of the intake (top and bottom). It really depend on how big it is as to whether or not it will have any effect on air flow.

Best thing to do is take a photo of it. I was playing with one yesterday and you can see almost all the way up to the bend. If you have trouble, some clever use of a small mirror should do it.

We can decide from there what to do about it.

With regards to the air sheild, you have to remove it to install. You insert the intake closer to the centre of the crossmember and feed it down and across. You can reinstall it after cutting (and yes, I'm working on a template and a replacement shield) or just leave it out for now.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Aus,

Hope you're feeling better.

With regards to the intake extension.

There's a small crack in the paint and it has been chipped on the right side just before the 90 degree bend - I don't really care about this as I could have just used some touch up paint.

However half way up the intake, there is excess resin or something which has hardened into the shape of a pocket. It is wide near the bottom and then narrow at the top near the bend. I even felt the gap from the top - due to the excess resion, one side of the intake where the bend is, is pretty tight compared to the side without the excess resin. I am pretty sure it would have an affect on airflow - I know it is difficult to quantify the effects but pschologically I would always be wondering whether it is delivering optimum performance.

I don't have a digi cam to take any photos - sorry.

I really want to install this intake this weekend. Does this mean I will have to send you this one back and wait until you receive it and then you will send a replacement? I hope this can be sorted really quick as I love the look of this product...I always have bad luck....

Thanks AUS.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by NEED4SPEED
Does this mean I will have to send you this one back and wait until you receive it and then you will send a replacement? I hope this can be sorted really quick as I love the look of this product...I always have bad luck....
Unfortunately there will be a wait. But not because I am waiting for you to return the product. They are all made to order so I have requested another red and when it arrives I will send it to you. The only reason you received that one so quick is that it was made for demonstration purposes so was in stock.

However, I do request that you send that one back so that I can check it and show it to the manufacturer for future reference.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:21 PM

Thanks AUS,

Shall I send the intake to the address on the invoice?

I will be posting it first thing tomorrow morning (hope it isn't gonna cost me an arm and a leg to send it) - so let me know...

Can you also give me an ETA for when I will receive the replacement...

Cheers
Old 10-31-2002, 12:30 PM

ETA would be about the usual 28 days. I will try to speed it up, but at the same time I want to make sure any possible manufacturing problems are resolved as well. There's no point in me sending another one that has the same problem.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:00 PM

Thanks AUS...

Can't wait to get it installed...

Having read Cedric's and Jimmy's reviews - I am so gutted...

Anyway, good things come to those who wait...
Old 11-02-2002, 04:25 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Sorry that was a little misleading. You will have to either remove the plastic top plate in front of the rad or cut a hole in it to accommodate the CAI. My top plate has been removed since my air horn install so no biggy for me. Shouldn't be a problem anyway.
Errrrr
How do you remove this?
Old 11-02-2002, 05:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by honda9krpm
[B]

Errrrr
Old 11-02-2002, 09:28 AM

While eagerly awaiting the arival of my Aus intake I got to thinking......will my coastal meatals grill gaurd bracket get in the way of the Aus intake?.....If so, can the intake be modified to still work?
Old 11-02-2002, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ninegrand:

I don't know anything about the Coastal Metals grill or how it's set up. FWIW my CAI is behind a grill I made myself, and I've never seen more than 3 bars on the temp gauge.

With Aus's CAI you have the option of attaching the clip on the intake end to a cross member on the grill, which would put the intake up against the grill. If this were to be a problem with the brackets on your grill, you may be able to get around the problem just by sliding the CAI further back into the air box. It would still be very secure without the clip being used on the intake end .

Quick Reply: Aus Intake Extensions now available.