UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ask me another question about detailing

Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An ultra WET-SHINE high-gloss long life sealant available exclusively through Clean and Shiny. Jetseal109
Old 08-13-2008, 12:19 AM

Hi tango,

What is a good polish for my car if im applying by hand?? and how should i apply it and what to use.

Thanks for your help on my other thread. I saw you recommended Poorboy ss22 and monzorna are they suitable by hand??
Old 08-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Xd

swirl removal by hand is for masochists, if you do err towards that I would go for ssr2.5 and some Sonus SFX Professional applicator pads from Clean and Shiny. The betteroption would be to cleanse the Paintwork using a claybar then apply several layers of sealent (polyfiller for cars) Use the Duragloss 601 bonding Agent then the Duragloss 111 Clear Coat Polish from Serious Performance.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 AM

How do I remove rust staining from boot carpet?

Basically, I removed the tool kit (I put in spare wheel) to allow for more space. I found some old screw/copper coins under the kit. Looks like they had been there years & moisture had rusted them. Now I have a sticky rusty stain. I have removed the carpet & scrubbed it in the bath, but it is very stubborn.

What do you suggest?

Edit: I've googled it and this site recommends lemon juice Good idea or a big no no?

Pic...

Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Xd

did you take the whole carpet out to clean it? Also never known rust to be stick so I guess there is something else in the mix. Lemon juice I think will have no effect on the stain. I would try meguiars APC as this will remove any oily/sticky deposits. You should start off by diluting it 10:1 and work in with a soft brush. Let it soak for five minutes then soak up with a paper towel. If you are not seeing any discolouration in the towel we will need to rethink what this stain is made up of.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What colour is my car?

Silly question but I've noticed that a lot of wax products say for dark colours or light colours.

I've got a Moonrock is it dark or light?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Xd

Depends on the wax but some of the coloured waxes are for 'enhancing' the pigment. I would not bother with them as the effect might not be what is wanted Get yourself a tub of collinite 476s for
Old 08-27-2008, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tango Man,Aug 26 2008, 01:41 PM
did you take the whole carpet out to clean it? Also never known rust to be stick so I guess there is something else in the mix. Lemon juice I think will have no effect on the stain. I would try meguiars APC as this will remove any oily/sticky deposits. You should start off by diluting it 10:1 and work in with a soft brush. Let it soak for five minutes then soak up with a paper towel. If you are not seeing any discolouration in the towel we will need to rethink what this stain is made up of.
I reckon it's been there for a very long time. Yes, I did remove the carpet trim & when I attempted cleaning it I did get rust stains coming off onto my cloth. I'll give Megs APC a go.

Thanks Tango
Old 08-27-2008, 06:31 AM

Could you give me your recommendations for engine bay cleaning and dressing please to include method and products if you would.

Thanks Andy
Old 08-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Xd

andy in general, be very careful any ingested water can cause serious damage to an engine. I will try and put something together tonight when I have access to a computer.

Quick Reply: Ask me another question about detailing