UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ask me another question about detailing

Old 08-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=BledS2k,Aug 6 2008, 07:06 PM] Cheers for the link - So does that stuff in effect replace your body work shampoo as well?

Reverse Osmosis - nah way to expensive, but yeah fair point on the water filter.

I'll get me some P21S Gel - Is that safe to use everytime i clean or just for the extra sticky stuff?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok i'll look into the megs brush.

I've had a look on their website & it says i can clean 2 ways:

1. Full no rinse car wash - just dilute it with water, wash & dry.

2. Add with normal car shampoo & it improves the water. (but i'm thinking it'll still need rinsing after to remove the shampoo? If so do i then do option 1. afterwards - so its basically just a rinse additive)

Which method do you use?

As i've already got some AG & quik detailer, i'll try TM's way first until i run out then get some of that ONR stuff. Eitherway i'll keep you posted.

The reason i mention AG SRP followed by EGP, is that a lot of people seem to swear by it on detailing world. The only reason i can see it working so well is the SRP acts as an additional layer over the lacquer & then its sealed with the EGP? I dont think either would be affected by heat, as my berlina paintwork gets stupidly hot sometimes & its meant for paintwork.

What exactly is the PB stuff? A filler/resin or polish/wax or sealant? Is it normal to put anything on before or after it?

Cheers for the comments guys ;-)
Old 08-06-2008, 01:30 PM

1. Full no rinse car wash - just dilute it with water, wash & dry.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM

ok cheers.

what do you think about the wheel stuff?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:45 PM

Well there is no harm in using it (ARP which is a resin, along with PB), I can see that it might make the wheels a tad more shiny but I don't see it offering any more protection than the PB stuff. Nobody would ever notice really, and the wheels will be just as dirty after a weeks driving, I have yet to find a product that truly repels brake dust ... lots of claims mind!

So, sure use it after the PB if you like, it won't do any harm.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 AM

Bled, the Megs versa wheel brush and tyre brushes are very good but the wheel spoke brush is awful and only lasts a few washes. The bristles deform very easily. I'd suggest an EZ Detail wheel brush for the spokes
Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 AM

TM and the other expertd on here - a question.
New A series, metallic.
Should I be doing anything in additon to all the useful tips I've picked up here for the S?
Old 08-07-2008, 03:26 AM
J_D

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut,Aug 6 2008, 09:44 AM
Optimum no rinse will resolve your issue Bled as it acts as a water softner too, it will also make you clean and dry one panel at a time on the car, I can highly recommend it.

You can buy it from here
http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/optimum-rinse-w...hine-p-242.html
Forgive me If Im wrong, but wont this sruff scratch your car If your not rinsing it before you start washing?
Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Xd

mike you could start by claybar then a glaze and wax. Give the engine a squirt of an engine bay dressing then seal the wheels. I wouldn't bother at this stage with machine buffing although it might be worth while a year down the line.

S2ook I suggested the Megs brush as they are SAFE, I would rather a brush be mashed rather than my wheels finish.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:46 AM

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with JETSEAL 109?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Ask me another question about detailing