UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ask me another question about detailing

Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooh a corner.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi TM,

Got 2 questions for you if thats ok:

1. I live in an area of hard water & i'm struggling really bad with left over water marks on my car after i've washed it. I'm using a megs super absortbant mircofibre cloth jobby & trying to dry it as soon as its been rinsed with clean water. But no matter what i do i always seem to get left with marks & smears. Any Advice?

2. (hope your ok with asking you about this) I've just bought some brand new 02 diamond cut wheels & i've heard that its important to treat them with some products before i fit them to keep them looking good. Any advice as to what to do? & Also some tips when they are fitted to keep them in top condition would be much appreciated. ;-)

Cheers as always.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:18 AM

Hi TM,

Done some searching on a few forums & so far i seem to find PB Wheel Sealant popping its head up all over the place.

Would a few coats of tha applied with a megs applicator pad & buffed off with a MF cloth be sufficient? Or am i better to go over with some AG SRP or AG Ultra Deep first then apply the PB Wheel Sealant?

Could you recommend a cleaning brush, regular use cleaner & if get tough bits cleaner.

Cheers

- Still need some help with 1st question as well though.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Xd

Bled, I live in North London, the only way I have resolved it is using a water softener but that is expensive. An alternative is to use some quick detailer at the drying stage, give the car a good squirt of this then dab the car dry. Any remaining marks use some QD and a decent buffing towel to wipe them off.

I would vouch for the PB wheel sealent and do as you mentioned
Old 08-06-2008, 09:39 AM

Cheers TM -

Unfortunately cant do the move ATM, but did think of buying a water filter for the house & using the water out of tha to rinse? Do you think that would be an option?

Ok i'll give the PB Wheel Sealant a go. Would it be beneficial to do the AG SRP then PB?

Also could you recommend a cleaning brush, regular use cleaner & if get tough bits cleaner.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 AM

Optimum no rinse will resolve your issue Bled as it acts as a water softner too, it will also make you clean and dry one panel at a time on the car, I can highly recommend it.

You can buy it from here
http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/optimum-rinse-w...hine-p-242.html
Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Xd

If you do go down the route of a water filter you need to consider something like Reverse Osmosis else you will be constantly replacing the filters in a hard water area. These don't have a high throughput so it is best to decanter then use a watering can of sorts. Filtered water does make a difference, I use this for all my valet contracts and it helps considerably.

For wheel cleaning, as a budget option I would use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner diluted 4:1 but for ultimate and safe P21S Gel.

Nut Good point, how did you get on with this, would like to see the results.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 AM

Its very good TM works very well as a spray detailer too, I use it most of the time to clean the car now, I can do the whole car in 30 minutes or so and the car will be dry when done, which is perfect if I then wish to go and polish it as I don't have to worry about water dripping out from under the mirrors etc etc. Because each panel is dried immediately and because the water is softened there are no water marks to contend with.

Plus most of the American professional detailers use this as they often work in blazing heat, so throwing water over a car is never a good idea as you can't dry it faster than the sun can, so you end up with tons of water marks to remove.

I think its an excellent product, very slick on the paint too.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 AM

Cheers for the link - So does that stuff in effect replace your body work shampoo as well?

Reverse Osmosis - nah way to expensive, but yeah fair point on the water filter.

I'll get me some P21S Gel - Is that safe to use everytime i clean or just for the extra sticky stuff?

Also - the AG SRP on the wheels before PB?

& Are the EZ or Swissvax wheel brushes any good?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Xd

I try not to use wheel brushes but if I must I have always found the Meguiars brushes pretty good.

Nut, isn't the water pretty soft up Norf?

Quick Reply: Ask me another question about detailing