UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ask me another question about detailing

Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee, need to order more stuff.

3 X the drying towels

3 x the quick detailer

1x lambswool wash mitt

Price on the above please.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Xd

Done
Old 10-08-2010, 02:28 PM

Hi XD i'm looking for some help; i've been researching into waxes as i'm looking for a change. i've been building up my detailing the longer i've owned cars. never used to give a monkies about cleaning until i got my MR2 about 8 years ago since then i've been slowly increasing what i do and what i use.

i now clay the car every 6 months polish after that and wax every other wash and use DODO redmist on the others. and i wash the car about once a month.

i'm using Dodo Supernatural wax i use lime and prime lite and i also have megs swirlX but i'm just not quiet getting the look i want.

swirlx is good but not perfect so i'm going to get some poorboys black hole show glaze to use.

the next question is would using a sealant make a hugh difference to the finish? i'm tempted to try poorboys EX sealant is it worth it? my wax is long lasting and always beads for ages.

and the main question i need advice on wax, i love the dodo juice supernatural wax, its straight forward to put on; eacsy off and last ages, and the shine is excellent.

but it never really leaves that wet look gloss that i've got on other cars. mine is berlina black and all my other cars have been metallics. any reccomendations on a wax that leaves an even wetter look finish. or will the PB black hole and sealant make a big difference to the finish?

is it worth trying the purple haze or blue velvet for a wetter look; i just thought SN was meant to be the best DOdo did?

sorry for the long wided question; just been pondering this for weeks and i need to order something soon.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 AM

i've decided to try the new Dodo Juice Pro Waxes, didn't know they exsisted. but i'm going to try a mix.

basically hard wax it

then soft wax on top. apparently the soft wax will give the wetter finish.

will be trying the purple haze pro and the blue velvet pro. going to get the 30ml tester pots. if its not right it won't be a big loss.

am hoping that with the PB black hole glaze first it should give a great finish.

and some Dodo redmist to finish off later.

other waxes i had considered was the
PB natty's blue paste.
AG HD wax
pinnacle (cant remember the next bit)
Zymol carbon or japon wax

but i'm really happy with dodo and its beading and the cost isn't bad either, especially as you get tester pots.

are their other manufacturers that do tester pots?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Jib

I've had a read of your posts and ive read that you use, in sequence, meguiars swirl remover, then speed glaze, then poorboys exp and last zymol jopon.

I own quite afew auto glym products and have got on with them really well but once in a while, i want to irradicate swirls totally, if i got both the meguairs products mentioned, then used autoglym SRP, followed by Autoglym EGP and then a good wax (quite like Meg NXT 2.0), do you this this would be a good combination or would you personally change any step of that for a valid reason (other than personal choice).

Also do you have any good DIY mixes for engine bay cleaning? ive tried a few off the shelf products but find they are not really any better than warm soapy liquid and elbow grease.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As the weather is getting terrible i would like to give my car some protection.

I currently use autoglym products.

the autoglym shampoo first,
then the autoglym aqua wax.

im thinking i need a better wax, as the aqua wax seems a little thin?

what would you recommend to give the car a nice shine and protected form the winter.

thanks
Wayne
Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 PM

Lee got my order thanks , the drying towels are so much better .

Will need to do another order, do you have any microfibre towels in stock.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by rtbiscuit,Oct 11 2010, 12:14 PM
i've decided to try the new Dodo Juice Pro Waxes, didn't know they exsisted. but i'm going to try a mix.

basically hard wax it

then soft wax on top. apparently the soft wax will give the wetter finish.

will be trying the purple haze pro and the blue velvet pro. going to get the 30ml tester pots. if its not right it won't be a big loss.

am hoping that with the PB black hole glaze first it should give a great finish.

and some Dodo redmist to finish off later.

other waxes i had considered was the
PB natty's blue paste.
AG HD wax
pinnacle (cant remember the next bit)
Zymol carbon or japon wax

but i'm really happy with dodo and its beading and the cost isn't bad either, especially as you get tester pots.

are their other manufacturers that do tester pots?
Try RaceGlaze 55. Amazing!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:19 AM

Whats the best way to get lint & streak free glass cleaning inside & out!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 AM

Have you tried AG fast glass?

Quick Reply: Ask me another question about detailing