UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ask me another question about detailing

Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you using a rotary or a ROB?

I keep a mix of products depending on car, humidy and condition of paint, the best all rounder is Meguiars but as it is oily you cannot mix with with water. Menz you can, in fact if you are using a ROB you can wet cut. You are getting on to difficult territory S2ook, I will need to know more about what you are using and what you are using it on. Every car I do is different including S2ks. Megs though is always a good start though.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Best way to clean inside the vinyl roof?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Xd

Damp cloth, didn't you read the other thread Mib?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, but I only get snapshots of time on here now, and it was just soooooo long Lee. You just cant take it all in!
Thanks again for running this. I've never been into the big polishing lark before, but I now own a fair few potions and waxes. My God, what have I done?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tango Man,Jun 27 2008, 08:07 PM
Oh and the credentials courtesy of Mr Marshall
Hi Lee.

Sorry, this isn't cleaning related, as such. Is eSeM a "Marshall" as well?

I am too. Do you have an SM fetish when it comes to photos?

Actually, I do have a question. Not sure if it's been answered before. Dusty interior. I give it a clean with general multi-purpose wishy-washy stuff usually. Is there something that will repel dust a bit better?

Ta mate.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

Any chance i could come spend a day or 2 with you and just learn

I would not want to slow yoru work down, but id love to watch you work through a car, im sure i could learn a lot, and as im goign to be doing my car soon ( nearly out of panels and paint on the test car )

Id love the expericance, i make a banging cuppa also
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Xd

Scott, there are a good few products for dressing the interior of cars many of them have anti static properties. Overall for cleaning I would use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner diluted 10:1 with deionised water. To dress I use either Poopboys Natural Look diluted 1:1 or Gliptone Leather conditioner. Both once dry need to be buffed lightly to remove any shine. I personally do not like shine inside cars from dressing and the two above will give protection without changing the look. Be careful when applying anything inside, it should be wiped on with a sponge, not sprayed, as spray will get onto surfaces you do not want it to. The biggest PITA interiors I have found has been the 08 Porsche Turbo's, they are matt leather. Gliptone diluted 1:1 has been my best bet but I am in discussion concerning alternatives.

Puppy I currently have someone helping me out but if she is unavailable at the time I can give you a shout Expect it to be a long day between 8 and 10 hours, some cars being over several days.

Mib, from the last page on the original thread;

"Mib, I use a damp cloth, some GT85 spray on the joints and every three months some silicon grease for the seals. Oh and thanks for the advise but I am sure Paul will point you in the direction of his link. No point in repeating whats already done just want to help a few guys out in keeping there cars top notch."
Old 06-28-2008, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tango Man,Jun 28 2008, 08:53 AM
Scott, there are a good few products for dressing the interior of cars many of them have anti static properties. Overall for cleaning I would use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner diluted 10:1 with deionised water. To dress I use either Poopboys Natural Look diluted 1:1 or Gliptone Leather conditioner. Both once dry need to be buffed lightly to remove any shine. I personally do not like shine inside cars from dressing and the two above will give protection without changing the look. Be careful when applying anything inside, it should be wiped on with a sponge, not sprayed, as spray will get onto surfaces you do not want it to. The biggest PITA interiors I have found has been the 08 Porsche Turbo's, they are matt leather. Gliptone diluted 1:1 has been my best bet but I am in discussion concerning alternatives.
Cheers.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Best method for removing wax residue from black plastic trim?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get confused by the rangees and don't like the idea of buying and trying, lots of these products are

Quick Reply: Ask me another question about detailing