UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ask me another question about detailing

Old 08-28-2008, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T,

A couple of school boy questions...

Roof...
Can I use Meguiars Gold Class trim detailer on the roof? (I know that 303/Raggtopp/AG Bumper is recommended, just wondered!)??

Interior...
The door cards - the perforated part is leather (I'm guessing), is the rest vinyl? Same question about the back of the seats?

Body...
There is a shed load of mud in the rear wheel arches... would it be ok to go to the local garage & shove a power jet wash under there, or is a 'by hand' method recommended?

Exhaust...
I have a standard exhaust. Do the body of the back boxes come up shiny with Autosol et al (mine are black/brownish at the moment)?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:48 AM
Xd

Okay, no problems. Don't bother with the Megs gold Class, its pish. You can use it but it wont last long. The interior door cards and rear of seats is vinyl, still its not a problem for the gliptone and will give it some UV protection. Mud, try and get the worst of first with a stiff brush then PW it but be careful not to get any water between the trim and wheel arch. The exhaust mufflers are painted, with a little effort you can strip this and polish them up but its best done with the exhaust off the car. Best to concentrate of the tips really, they should screw off. Ah, your is a 2000, then they will be seized on, try a soak in WD40 overnight.

BTW seat have come up really well especially for an 8 year old car :thumbsup:
Old 08-28-2008, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tango Man,Aug 28 2008, 12:48 PM
BTW seat have come up really well especially for an 8 year old car :thumbsup:
Thanks - and 70k miles!

I will be removing the arch 'protector strips', there is sooo much crud. I had a quick look the other day - there was some minor rust on the lip - I'll have to treat this. Luckily the arch protector strip will cover it up once treated.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Xd

Europa, checking you stain again I think there is oil involved, it looks oily. you will need a mild degrease of some form that will not discolour the carpet. I would check the chemical guys range. The Orange degreaser is pretty good for the job;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-e...r/prod_191.html
Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tango Man,Aug 28 2008, 09:03 PM
Europa, checking you stain again I think there is oil involved, it looks oily. you will need a mild degrease of some form that will not discolour the carpet. I would check the chemical guys range. The Orange degreaser is pretty good for the job;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-e...r/prod_191.html
You da man
Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 AM

Hello. Bit of advice on cleaning the front inner wheel arch liners if you please sensei. Ta in advance.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just like your opinion on some compound if I may, the brand in question is the 3m perfect-it III fine compund, I used to use it by hand and it brought the paint up on my old CRX's really well, but I have since got a good machine polisher and an S2000 and am afraid to use them on it as I wouldn't want to spoil the paint on it.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:14 PM

Hi there,
Can you advise me on how best to clean my wheels ? I've got a set of CE28N's in bronze, which have a kind of "stippled" finish on them. Everything I've used seems to be left in the dimples and makes the wheels look dry and pastey.
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Old 09-09-2008, 03:08 AM

I applied some Aerospace 303 to the roof last night. Great stuff. My roof was in good nick anyway, but it looks the dogs now.

I applied with a cut off piece of sponge, vary sparingly!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Xd

sorry guys didn't realize there had been a few more questions. I will update all tonight.

Quick Reply: Ask me another question about detailing