UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anyone used Motorpoint to buy a car?

Old 08-14-2007, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used Motorpoint to buy a car?

Taking the advice given before regarding buying an EU import S2K, i've had a look round and Motorpoint have the exact colour combo i'm after.

The car works out about the same price as a Bob Gerard car and is in stock so my question is, does anyone have any good/bad experience with Motorpoint?

After my experience with the Honda dealer I don't want to lay myself open for another crap experience!

Thanks

Dawn
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 AM

Is that Motorpoint in Derby? The Car Supermarket?

If it is, I bought my previous car, a Puma, from them about six years ago. All in all was a good experience - but not that recent!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 AM

My father bought a Pug 307SW import from Motorpoint, service was great. Car had a slight scratch and a stone chip on the bonnet when he arrived so they instructed his local Pug garage to sort if for him and bill them.

Spot on service.... same can not be said for the Pug garage though... lol
Old 08-14-2007, 05:52 AM

Yer i know them im from Derby

I know someone who has brought a car from there. He has had no problems with an alfa. An ex of mine brought a megan, the hand book was in french only, no other problems.

Personelly id go with Bob G. At motorpoint your more of a customer number, the guys at bob geard give a more personel service. a hmm!

Got mine from there, great service. Good price. Have you looked into the on the road cost at motorpoint. Once i got a quote for a Scooby, when it came to purchase i had to add various costs like an alarm etc. So you would be wise to check first.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely Bob Gerards is a better choice from a customer point of view.

Can't fault them, I bought both my S2000s from them.

Do the motorpoint cars come with the proper Honda warranty (like the Bob Gerard cars) , or one of those inferior aftermarket warranties?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Survey S2000,Aug 14 2007, 01:52 PM
im from Derby
Old 08-14-2007, 06:15 AM

Someone posted here around April that they had a bit of a surprise with Motorpoint when buying an S2000.

eg OTR price was a few hundred extra.

The OP had to drive a bit to get to the car also...and Motorpoint only let on the extra charges when doing the final paperwork before handing over the keys.

If you go with Motorpoint check that the price they are quoting you is the final price, including all fees, tax etc etc.

Also check that they have registered the car with Honda UK for the warranty.

Best
Gaspode
Old 08-14-2007, 06:26 AM

im from Derby
Someone from Cardiff is laughing at you for coming from Derby - Derby must be a hell of a lot worse than I thought.

A mate of mine bought a Subaru Impreza WRX from them last year he had a number of turbo problems which they fixed... eventually not their fault but they didn't really understand that car at least.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 AM

I Not going to rise to that. Derby a shit hole?!?! dont make me laugh. Especially coming from cardiff aye hard man
Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 AM

mmmm Motorpoint.

Go in with your eyes wide open and do not expect to be made to feel special when spending

Quick Reply: Anyone used Motorpoint to buy a car?