UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anyone have manual for UK rear bumper removal

Old 06-15-2010, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have manual for UK rear bumper removal

Hello
I am looking for the manual page for the rear bumper on the s2k, I have the one for the american bumper but it does not have the removable numberplate holder, the uk ones have.
Unfortunatly on our annual jaunt aroung europe, a teenage Italian decided to accelerate while i was slowing, hitting the rear. It has caused only minimal damage, but has damaged brackets and nocked the bumper around 7 cm closer to the car.
He was on a 125 motorcross bike, and when i called the police he pushed his bike to the front of the car and layed on the floor. Fortunatly i had witnesses.

The car is hopefully going into a body shop soon, i can not get a like for like hire car as it happened abroad, so looks like i will be travelling around in an old micra or something.
I would like to check the manual on the rear so i can check all the brackets and fixings are replaced correctly.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bumper is removed in exactly the same way as UK one, so any guides on here will suffice

I doubt a 125cc will have bent the bootpan or the rear wings, which is where the 'brackets' are.

If yours is a JDM/USDM, then it won't have the crash bar behind it either.

HTH
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main brackets are the mounting lugs and brackets for the numberplate mount, the large bit of colour coded plastic that is around the numberplate and inserted into the bumper, it has large(ish) metal brackets to hold it, I can not remove it at the moment as it will not go back.
The car only has bumper damage and a bit of a scuff on the boot.