UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is Anyone Actually Driving their S2k?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's stayed in the garage with the battery being trickle charged.

I'd use it if I had to, but to be honest I haven't really had anywhere I needed to go.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
MIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car hasn't moved since this started, though I'm going to try getting from Reading to Newbury on Friday, not looking forward to that. Goodyears own website rates my tyres as 1/5 on snow and ice.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Mine hasn't been oot the garage in about 3 weeks, just started and run till hot, gonna couple up the battery charger for a wee boost, no room in the street to put my van or the wife's car so the S will stay tucked up for a while, I doubt if it would get up the hill back to the house anyway.
There's ice on the inside of the garage windows tonight, wonder if she'll let me cover the car with a duvet.?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 AM

tried to drive mine friday and it just sat there at the end of my road wheel spinning. I thought I would be stuck there all night. I manage to get it moving but very very slowly so turned it round and parked it back outside my house again where it will sit till the snow melts. Just undrivable in the snow to be honest.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:14 AM

The S is my daliy driver so I have winter tires fitted and it will go most place even the local mountain lol. Havent had the hood down on the snow yet though
Old 12-20-2010, 11:15 AM
tej

I found the torsen diff a handful in the snow/ice. Viscous works better imo but is shite/boring in the wet or dry. I have a feeling the Cerb has the optional viscous diff on it as sometimes I will put my foot down gently and light up a tyre (pretty sure its only one), need to check it out, really hope it has the standard plate diff.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:20 AM

Took mine out today. Squirmed out of the garage but was scared to launch off our drive into the traffic delicately negotiating the slushy carriageway. It was -11 in this part of Essex last night.

Made an exhibition of myself clearing a launch pad with my on board shovel.

Crept into town and crawled back.

Couldn't resist the temptation to try a few doughnuts on the apron half way down our drive. Completed one 360 and then I was going nowhere, in spite of having an egg under my right foot and furious employment of my shovel. Mr Q has got to get me out of trouble again.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

MQ you are an S2K hooligan, and I love it!!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:28 AM

Nope, I'm not driving mine in these conditions.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that my wife has finished for the Christmas break I have no need to take my S out of the garage as I can use our X-Trail which was great in the snow earlier this year & has the added bonus of heated seats

After my scary experience in January of this year, i.e. sliding backwards down a hill in the S, wheel spinning like a boy racer in tesco's car park trying to get traction, I count myself lucky that I have the option to leave it in the warmth of my garage and not have to risk wrecking it.

Quick Reply: Is Anyone Actually Driving their S2k?