UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anybody had their car replaced ?

Old 05-09-2002, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My main concern is that as I have to sell the car, soon, it's checkered history will reduce it's value. If asked I'm obliged to disclose it's service history, now stretching to 24 pages on the dealer's system !
Old 05-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000RJ
[B].
Old 05-09-2002, 02:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gaddafi
[B]
Hi S2000RJ
Yeah, I read your problems.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:08 AM

Well, the beat goes on as they say, sorry to hear that Honda UK are continuing to live up to their reputation. The latest on my little saga is that I have now stopped further payments pending a proper investigation by Honda Finance (Lloyds btw).They did reply to me after they had contacted the dealer who confirmed that my car was still under warranty and that they could not do naything else. I wrote to thank them for their letter as it only adds wieght to my claim and proves what an incompetent bunch they really are. The letter suggested getting my clutch changed at my dealership with no mention of my other repeated problems, did they read the letter ?? Me thinks not, they just send out stock photo copied fare to all customers.
Some investigation, as the dealership MD has sent supporting letter to Honda Uk regarding my PERSISTENT problems of which they had failed to dig up.
Well the lack of payment soon got them into action and as of yesterday Honda Finance could not be more helpfull and have now promised that they will carry out further work to sort out an acceptable solution. They now know that the dealer has chucked this over the Wall to Honda Uk, also hade to remimnd them that this car was rejected against the Sale of Goods act 1979 (amended) and that they could arrange to pick the car up from me at any time on receipt of cheque for balance of any deal we can strike. Will keep you posted.........
Old 05-10-2002, 05:39 AM

I have also tried to reject my car, I was on the waiting list from July 98 and received one of the first cars in the UK.
The first 2500 miles were OK, I use the car as an occasional 3rd car, then the clutch judder was beyond a joke.
So it began, I have now had 5 clutches, all different model numbers, and am on the third gearbox. In fact I pretty much have an 02 model year tranny on a 99 V plate car with a superbly run in engine.
After the 4 the clutch and agony of working abroad and dealing with so called customer service personnel in Slough I wrote to reject the car and get a full refund. Having owned Hondas for 10 years I was amazed to be offered a new Civic Type-R as a replacement.
I pointed out that my Accord Type-R, Civic VTi have been superb and we are not comparing like with like here. I sent in reply an order confirmation from a colleague who'd paid 12.5K GBP for his Type R Civic as an import and commented that I assumed I was being offered two.
It all got very nasty and in the end my car was given a seriosu overhaul and I must admit is now superb.
Every bit as good as I hoped it would be 27 months ago!
So they may be so, frustrating to deal with but Honda UK do eventaully come through.

Good luck
Old 05-10-2002, 08:55 AM

If you're going to reject the car, or having trouble with dealers, see an independent inspector. I've just taken my car to a guy who's a member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers, it was a most illuminating experience. They also have a pretty good idea of the reputation of dealers and manufacturers. This guy was very helpful and was able to comment on the general condition work on the car, as well as my specific complaints. If it comes to it, he would be able to stand as an expert witness. I'm not sure if I should thank him for noticing the oil leak from the head gasket , maybe I'll have to add a new engine to my list He also explained how bad the quality of respray was on my door repair
Old 05-12-2002, 01:06 PM

S2000RJ, way back at the beginning of this thread you metioned hesitation, and that is what I and my dealer describe my problem as. So far it has cost them two gearbox, a clutch, engine brace, ECU and exhaust sensors, oh and a total of six weeks in the shop. The hesitation you mention manifests itself as bunny-hopping when in trafic and pulling away? If so, and sorry if I missed it in this thread but has anyone (dealer or owner) got a definitive answer and fix to this? Mine is going back in for a week soon for further tests. After the ECU was changed it improved and it had to be a really long while in trafic before it happened but now it is back to normal one month later (i.e. happens almost immediately you hit any queue). I've used Optimax religiously since it came out, dealer has now asked me to use another superUL until it goes in. Will update as I find out more, history might prove useful to someone, could you confirm hesitation symptom pls?