UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anybody had their car replaced ?

Old 03-27-2002, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barry WY Silver/Black '01
[B]Leggy Blonde, have a look over at this thread for 20some other S2000 owners with engine replacements.

Barry in Sheridan, Wyoming, USA:

Old 03-28-2002, 05:42 AM

Warren, the paint bubbles and then flakes off in the joint between the nose cone and the front wings. Last time it was done the paint shop said that once the nose was off the problem was worse where you could'nt see.
As to Honda Finance, recieved letter stating that a person in operations was looking into my problems with the dealer, so we are on the merry go round again, been there got the 'T' shirt what next, they really do just want you to sell the unit and forget it. They are just not prepared to admit the problems with the S2000, they just give you the big finger everytime.

Tonyh.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:10 AM

Originally posted by gdowsett-uk
After 2 replacement gearboxes( and clutch), the third is playing up, time to ask for a replacement car ?

Has anybody had their car replaced by their dealer or Honda ?
Any progress on this? I had a second replacement gearbox put in last week, but it has not solved the problems. Have you had your's fixed?
Old 04-18-2002, 12:39 PM

Well it was in all of last week, while I was away in Las Veags, and they are now going to get Honda in to look at it . However they managed to put the dreaded dent in the rear screen, scuff the driver's seat and the trim panel they changed is worse than the original and they didn't get around to spraying the bumper.

So I'm going to contact the finance company and reject the car.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:23 AM

Just too keep you guys updated, it looks like Honda Finance are the very same people as Honda UK in Slough. Sure they contacted me within ten days of rejecting my car to them, but that was to inform me that someone was looking into it.
Three weeks on and I phone to ask about progress, apparently they had sent me a letter on Wednesday first class, waited for post today still no sign of said letter. Depending on my mood today I may call them again or give it till Monday.
This car should come with a government health warning, if anybody out here has
Old 04-19-2002, 07:33 AM

time to make an appointment to speak to the manager of Honda UK to discuss his quality issues I think Tony...dont take no for an answer!
Old 04-19-2002, 07:49 AM

I'm currently compiling a long letter to Honda regarding the history of my car. I'm not sure if my car is too old (Jan '00) to go down the rejection route, even though some of the problems were present on delivery. What really bugs me is the appalling standard of work performed by dealers. If Honda plan to rectify my car, I shall ask them to arrange a dealer who is competent to do the work. I'm fed up with chasing dealers
Old 04-19-2002, 08:06 AM

Mark, and audience with the Pope would be easier to arrange, I did write to the man himself, Mr Ken Keir, his office passed me back to the people that I had already been dealing with.
Perhaps I should get Watchdog on the case, get them to film me parking the car at Honda UK in Slough and calling Honda Finance instructing them to forward a cheque once they have managed to farm it out.
What is the mental block they have with this car ???? Their devotion to the cause for Honda has to be commended.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by tonyh
Mark, and audience with the Pope would be easier to arrange, I did write to the man himself, Mr Ken Keir, his office passed me back to the people that I had already been dealing with.
Perhaps I should get Watchdog on the case, get them to film me parking the car at Honda UK in Slough and calling Honda Finance instructing them to forward a cheque once they have managed to farm it out.
What is the mental block they have with this car ???? Their devotion to the cause for Honda has to be commended.
We could even have a watchdog min-meet
Old 04-19-2002, 08:25 AM

Chaps;

1. It is has been heard of before that the occasional S2 has had a problem with the engine, it is well worth keeping a eye on the oil, but this will not cure all.

2. I don't know what the problem (if any!!!!?) there is with the gearbox's and clutches, but I can tell you that a 2002 model year car doesn't appear to have the same gearbox. It isn't notchy and there is no vibration for the heatshield/'box will pulling away in second gear at low speed.

3. Paint peeling off the leading edge of the front wings. Seen two of these now. Caused by nose cone vibrating aginst the front wing. Both cases we've put through under warranty.

Matt - Balmer Lawn Garage

Quick Reply: Anybody had their car replaced ?