UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Any owners in the South Cheshire area?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any owners in the South Cheshire area?

Hi

Im Ryan, i bought my s2000 around easter time and im loving it so far.

I was wondering if there was any other owners in the South Cheshire area (cw1) who could have a look at my roof? Or i could take a look at yours to compare things. Im sure the furthest back bar isnt in the position it should be. Also the 2 straps behnd the drivers right ear and passenger's left keep coming off (im not even sure where these should go) and the 2 elastic straps are really slack but im worried about damaging the roof when changing them.

Advice/help can be exchanged for beer

Thanks
Ryan
Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 AM

Hi Ryan, I'm a newbie owner myself (2 months) but I'm happy for you to take a look at my roof its going to be of help to you.
Whilst I work down in Reading, I live in Winsford (CW7) so shouldn't be too far away from you.
If you are about this weekend, I could call round either Saturday afternoon or anytime Sunday as hubby is off racing this weekend and I'm dog sitting lol

If that's of any use to you, drop me a pm and we can organise and exchange numbers etc there
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Macclesfield if you fancy a drive over at the weekend?
Old 06-30-2011, 10:31 AM

First of all, thanks to everybody who has offered help in here and over PM. I've never been on a forum with so many members willing to give up their time to help others so for that!

GaryB, i may do that, im busy on Saturday but i'll be on here at some point so i'll drop you a PM.

Now...some pics.

The furthest back bar here...shouldnt be so close to the one infront should it?

And these are the straps im on about. I noticed they are atached to that bar and are probably whats giving me my problem, they keep coming off and im not sure where they should be attached.

I've got it into my head that this bar is supposed to hold the roof away from the bend in the frame when it is being lowered/raised. I think because mine is like this i am wearing through my roof fast! I have 2 vertical wear marks on the inside of the roof which is coming from the curved linkage on the frame.

Any advice welcome!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Ryan i am in CW1, drop me a pm if you wanna meet up.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Just popped out and took a couple of photo's of the inside of mine. You're right, that rear bar is way too far forward. And on mine you can see the straps that I think your on about going down to the bottom of the soft top, sort of rear quarter area. Anyway, see if these are of any use. And as if there are so many people so close..... You guys are about 15/20 minutes down the road from me.

Chad.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 PM

Thanks for that guys.

Chad, i see my problem now. For some reason these 2 straps have come out and the springs are holding the bar forward as their is nothing to work against them.

Im going to try to remove the 2 trim pieces either side of the seats and see if i can relocate them. Seems easy enough.

Have any of you guys done any work on the actual soft top before? It could be useful to have a helping hand who knows what they are doing.lol. I'd travel to you obviously and provide beer tokens.

EDIT- Chad, where did you get the two pieces of material from that are covering the bend in the frame? Thats exactly what i've been looking for, are they home made or can you buy them?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 PM

PM returned, although it looks like you've solved your query and there's guys closer to you
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 PM

Ryan - they're called 'Lizard Skins'. (They're mountain bike chainguards).
Google for them - you'll need two, and they're about £11 each.

As for fixing the elastic straps, if you have a look here replacing roof straps this should help you out.

Andy
Old 07-01-2011, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while we're on with this, when the roof is lowered should those 2 bars in the first photo be pushed together, without any roof material between?

ryan mentions springs on that rear bar?

Quick Reply: Any owners in the South Cheshire area?