UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Another stolen 350z

Old 04-12-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local municipal car park near me advocates taking your keys to bedside.

If I have to defend myself in the middle of the night then I think I may have an interesting time waiting for the scum bags
Old 04-12-2004, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm not sure I'd be the one to take my own advice if it came to the crunch. I detest the scumbags having had plenty of dealings with them and I have a short fuse at the best of times. I also know that I'm fairly well physically equipped to deal with them having had to do just that a few times.

However, I stand by my original advice which is given in the cold light of day. The scenario where householder disturbs burglar(s) is one of the most potentially dangerous sutuations there is and has ended in tragedy on countless occasions!

If you feel you want to have a go then you shouldn't be intimidated by any thought that the law is not going to be on your side. We've done this to death in the past, but as long as your actions are seen as reasonable in the circumstances, you've nothing to fear from the judicial system IMHO.
Just make sure you have the right answers to the inevitable questions after the event. In the case of the highly publicised case mentioned earlier, the guy had no right answers whatsoever.

But just remember these creeps are often sociopaths with no misgivings whatsoever about instantly using the most mindless depraved violence, whilst you guys are all a lot more civilised than you think you are. While you're thinking about it, they'll already have done it!

But more importantly, just remember you could come a poor second, which leaves your missus and kids to deal with a situation they didn't have to.

No- it isn't right that these scumbags should burst their way into your home, but it's only a ferking car and you ending up crippled or brown bread wont make it any righter.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Former Moderator

Well the car has been found. Fingers crossed there is no lasting damage.

Tracker located it to a garage in Rusholme same day!
Old 04-12-2004, 10:52 PM

That's a pretty good show for Tracker.
At least he has the car back. Fingers crossed it is fine.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Did they get the scum who stole it?
Old 04-13-2004, 12:05 AM

like I said........kill someone and be prepared to dig two graves..........

you can be sure that if you end up killing someone........someone will come after you or your family for revenge

not up to you to do the job of the police....
Old 04-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally posted by StevenM
Did they get the scum who stole it?
what would happen if they did?

community service or a suspended.

feckin joke

Old 04-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally posted by zero_to60
like I said........kill someone and be prepared to dig two graves..........

you can be sure that if you end up killing someone........someone will come after you or your family for revenge

not up to you to do the job of the police....
Not so

Can you name a single case where a civilian has killed a crim and later been murdered in retribution? Tony Martin was going to be killed apparently...............

Who is saying kill someone? I just want crims to lose all rights in the pursuance of a crime.

Burgling a house doesn't deserve the death penalty. However, it should mean that all the legal risks are faced by the criminal.

The police are not doing the job we want done, which is not an attack on individuals, more a comment on the system and priorities set for them.

Like I said, let's try changing the law, and see if things improve. They are only going to get worse on present trends.

Old 04-13-2004, 12:47 AM

Burgling a house doesn't deserve the death penalty. However, it should mean that all the legal risks are faced by the criminal.
I agree but the fact is that it's not especially difficult to kill someone....and if you do so even by accident you will still be in a lot of kak
Old 04-13-2004, 01:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gaddafi

Quick Reply: Another stolen 350z