UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Another hood bites the dust

Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done Bogsye!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by eSeM,Aug 21 2010, 12:49 PM
The problem where the roof catches pierce the fabric are usually a result of the roof elastic, between the roof bars, needing to be replaced.

Not too bad a result in the end.

i tend to be in agreement with this statement

i had a new roof under warranty last year as mine had the holes just behined the drivers shoulder.
now i have noticed the elastic is weak and does not always pull the bar back far enough and could result in the same rip as yours.
for the time being i just move the bar back by hand.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:29 PM

I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago Put the roof back up after my journey to work and noticed daylight peeping through. The near side hood latch had stretched/cut a hole through the roof fabric just behind the latch.

Mine's also a MY06 car on which I had the roof replaced around a year ago because of the frame wear issue. Awaiting the response to an out of warranty claim from HUK now, we'll see...
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by ColinG,Oct 9 2010, 08:29 PM
I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago Put the roof back up after my journey to work and noticed daylight peeping through. The near side hood latch had stretched/cut a hole through the roof fabric just behind the latch.

Mine's also a MY06 car on which I had the roof replaced around a year ago because of the frame wear issue. Awaiting the response to an out of warranty claim from HUK now, we'll see...
Pretty much the same story.

You'll probably have to push the dealer pretty hard to get any action.

HUK are fairly useless, and not particularly interested in my experience. I was firm but fair with them and they didn't seem particularly bothered.

Good luck with it though.

With hindsight I should have put a solicitors letter to the dealership at an earlier point threatening Small Claims Court if they couldn't resolve it in two week.

On the positive side though, in that I've paid a contribution to the repair, the new roof is now warranted, which it wouldn't have been if it was a 100% warranty replacement.

Brian.