UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Another alloy warranty claim thread

Old 10-05-2004, 08:23 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another alloy warranty claim thread

Having been alerted to the alloy wheel corrosion problem from reading numerous threads on here, I noticed that my wheels have started to suffer from it aswell.
Not wanting to look an idiot (something I manage to do on a regular basis ) I asked for a few second opinions on the recent Rahula drive meet. Consensus was that a warranty claim was definitely on the cards and claims had been authorised in the past for wheels with less corrosion.

The car went in for a service today and I asked them to look at the problem and speak to the warranty company on my behalf (Extended Honda warranty with wear and tear option) . When I picked the car up this evening the dealer said that he had spoken to the warranty company and that due to the age of the car, a warranty claim would not be authorised. They hadn't even taken pictures to send to Honda UK. I insisted that they do this straight away as I would be taking this further and didn't want to have to make another visit to the dealership to get photos done.

This is where I need your experience and advice. I need to know firstly if what I am asking is reasonable ?? - my car is a 99 plate, but has only done 33k and has always been under Honda warranty. I have always taken good care of the wheels, washed them regularly etc, and they haven't been curbed or damaged in any other way.

Has anybody had an alloy claim authorised on a car of similar age as mine ??
And finally what would be my best approach with Honda UK as to getting the alloys replaced under warranty ???

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a single wheel replaced in Feb this year. My car had 62000 miles on it at the time and was out of Honda warranty. It was exactly 4 years old. I didn't put the extended on it until later that month.

Dealer took photos sent them to Honda and they agreed. I did mention to the service manager at the time that I knew Honda had quality issues with the wheels as mine had already been replaced once inside the warranty period.

Hope this helps
Old 10-05-2004, 08:28 AM
LTB

Keep 'em coming, I need as much ammunition as possible.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

The Carper changes his wheels more often than his tyres.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tis true.

1 set of tyres from new (11k) the next set of wheels if needed will be the 4th!

Currently on my 3rd set. 01 wheels are shite. Appr, they've sorted the prob in Mar 04. I don't believe this though.

Current set of wheels are 1 month old. Currently monitoring - but next service I`m following Neils bush info and getting them to check before warranty dies - which is end Nov.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:35 AM
LTB

Just spoken Honda Uk who are going to phone me back in the morning as their warranty bods have all gone home.

Maybe this kind of thing could, in future, be taken up by the shiny new UK S2000 owners club. If we all submitted details of warranty claims etc then we could use that information collectively to help eachother. It's ok saying "I know so and so, so and so who had his wheels replaced at x miles etc", but wouldn't it be better to approach them officially as the club with all the relevant facts and figure ??? Instead of acting as individuals we'd be acting as a kind of Trade Union Just an idea.

More power to our elbow
Old 10-05-2004, 12:06 PM

Has anyone got a picture of this corrosion? I've kerbed one of my wheels now would be nice if it (elsewhere on the wheel) had reason to be replaced under warranty.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:01 PM

LTB, I'll let ya know how I get on as I'm doing the same thing with my alloys.....
Good luck
Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 PM
LTB

Cheers mate.

What year is your car and what mileage has it done by the way ??
Old 10-05-2004, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by LTB,Oct 5 2004, 11:03 PM
Cheers mate.

What year is your car and what mileage has it done by the way ??
Year 2000 and now about 32k on the clock. I've got deep pited corrosion in the corners and bubbling around the center cap, i'll get some pics tomoz and post them on this thread.....

Quick Reply: Another alloy warranty claim thread