UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Amuse titanium dual - a few pics and thoughts

Old 09-07-2004, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amuse Boy,Sep 4 2004, 07:52 AM
Rich / Ben.

Really can't be bothered with this anymore. As for not doing business with people who organise their own shipping - you need to wake up and realise that the UK people won't be doing any more business with you guys. Period.

We can get things out in the open if youy like Richard - how about I start by posting some of the your curt emails sent to the couriers.

Sounds to me that you are peeved that you gave a good GB price to the UK guys and couldn't make a a buck or two on the shipping. Too bad.

For all other people interested in BP's ineptness, they had to complete the following tasks:

1 - Label all exhausts to the appropriate buyers
2 - Make a quick call to the Fedex to pickup exhausts
3 - fill out airway bill with destination, weight, number of items and value

That's it. What was so difficult about that? Why weren't you able to use the same currency denominations on the declarations?

As for not asking to be compensated for your time filling out the airway bill and packaging the exhausts , how about we do a little collection for your hard work reflecting your attention to detail and quality of service - 50 cents per exhaust sounds fine to me.
Hmm...

I recall only sending one email to the couriers - I can post it if you'd like?

As for our duties - there seem to be a few that were left out..

1. Package the exhausts - a gimme, but did you think I just threw them in there? Substantial time/materials were used to package the exhausts so they made it safely to Europe. In hindsight, maybe you are right, I shouldn't have packaged them at all and let your freight company deal with a damage claim? Gimme a break......

2. Labeling packages - again no big deal, but again, something that should have been done by your forwarder (it was that hard for them to fax me a label?)

3. Creating a commercial invoice - This is the part that takes some time, looking up the Schedule B exportation codes and HS tariffs that the parts qualify under. Then the invoices I create were rejected by your freight company because I wouldn't commit fraud on the declaration. This shot back and forth and back and forth - why were they not willing to create a commercial invoice? Why should *we* be responsible for defrauding the government when we aren't even handling the freight.

4. Schedule the pickup - Have you ever tried to schedule an international pickup when you don't have a FedEx account? I don't have the materials/paperwork/waybills they need (Something, again, your IMPORTER was supposed to arrange) so they came out to pick it up once after I scheduled it - guess what? - no paperwork!

Too good a deal so we wanted to make money off freight? No - just a little compensation for the extra work we did - and I didn't even want that?

Nah just mentioned it in passing...
Maybe a nice "Thanks Rich - I know there were a lot of hassles in doing this. We really appreciate it"

But no - we get the brunt of all your frustrations from waiting for the parts to be delivered, to this fiasco of a shipping company you used to export. I don't recall ever having these problems with our international customers, even when we have used third party shipments.

Then to see posts where I am called an "idiot" and where we are badmouthed for mistakes that we had nothing to do with, well, it gets under my skin.

So let me see if I got the facts straight - Exhausts were ordered. Great price was given. Updates throughout the order process. Packaged for pickup when we received them....

...Then your freight company comes in - and we have delays and mistakes. Bungled quotes...Missing paperwork....delays, delays......

Now the exhausts are there, in perfect condition, buyers are happy, and you are upset because of... what exactly?

What was your name again? I don't recall which exhaust shipped to you...

Anyways...I am done with this for now, its beating a dead horse. I have many packages to ship out for our INTERNATIONAL customers
Old 09-07-2004, 03:19 PM

I was going to formulate a nice long, cover all the bases, type thread but I really don't think it'll help so I'll just try to be brief, coz it's late and I'm tired.

ok.

I was originally told, and I quote from PM...
"Chris,
We encourage people to arrange their own shipping. In fact many times it's cheaper then when we do it through our international shipper. We make no money off of shipping and we don't charge a service fee so it doesn't make a difference to us. It takes about 2-3 months to get an Amuse Dual barring custom delays."

With the benefit of hindsight, and if I were to do it again I would probably have done it all through yoursleves.

I was under the impression that when the exhausts were shipped from Japan they were suitably packed. At least others that have brought them direct have testified to that. So I was unaware therefore of any extra work that would have been required.

Also, Judging by the fact that all the exhausts were addressed to the invoice addresses and not the delivery addresses I would speculate that this whole thing has just been a communication problem.
I probably would have been better off dealing with you direct over the telephone rather that third hand over PMs.

I have thanked you for all your efforts privately and I shall now also thank you and your team again publicly. In the end, the exhausts are all here and I am very happy with them. (Although I understand that Mark in Scotland is having some problems, but he may have already spoken to you)
All the rest is history.

Acutally that wasn't that short was it.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by BulletproofRich,Sep 7 2004, 10:29 PM
Hmm...

I recall only sending one email to the couriers - I can post it if you'd like?

As for our duties - there seem to be a few that were left out..

1. Package the exhausts - a gimme, but did you think I just threw them in there? Substantial time/materials were used to package the exhausts so they made it safely to Europe. In hindsight, maybe you are right, I shouldn't have packaged them at all and let your freight company deal with a damage claim? Gimme a break......

2. Labeling packages - again no big deal, but again, something that should have been done by your forwarder (it was that hard for them to fax me a label?)

3. Creating a commercial invoice - This is the part that takes some time, looking up the Schedule B exportation codes and HS tariffs that the parts qualify under. Then the invoices I create were rejected by your freight company because I wouldn't commit fraud on the declaration. This shot back and forth and back and forth - why were they not willing to create a commercial invoice? Why should *we* be responsible for defrauding the government when we aren't even handling the freight.

4. Schedule the pickup - Have you ever tried to schedule an international pickup when you don't have a FedEx account? I don't have the materials/paperwork/waybills they need (Something, again, your IMPORTER was supposed to arrange) so they came out to pick it up once after I scheduled it - guess what? - no paperwork!

Too good a deal so we wanted to make money off freight? No - just a little compensation for the extra work we did - and I didn't even want that?

Nah just mentioned it in passing...
Maybe a nice "Thanks Rich - I know there were a lot of hassles in doing this. We really appreciate it"

But no - we get the brunt of all your frustrations from waiting for the parts to be delivered, to this fiasco of a shipping company you used to export. I don't recall ever having these problems with our international customers, even when we have used third party shipments.

Then to see posts where I am called an "idiot" and where we are badmouthed for mistakes that we had nothing to do with, well, it gets under my skin.

So let me see if I got the facts straight - Exhausts were ordered. Great price was given. Updates throughout the order process. Packaged for pickup when we received them....

...Then your freight company comes in - and we have delays and mistakes. Bungled quotes...Missing paperwork....delays, delays......

Now the exhausts are there, in perfect condition, buyers are happy, and you are upset because of... what exactly?

What was your name again? I don't recall which exhaust shipped to you...

Anyways...I am done with this for now, its beating a dead horse. I have many packages to ship out for our INTERNATIONAL customers
I'm looking at getting an Amuse manifold and exhaust for spring next year, and based on your posts alone, I now have doubts about dealing with Bulletproof.

If you're unhappy with AB's interpretation of events, then you should calmly rebut each of his points, but instead you go off on one. Not very professional IMHO. Reminds me of several importers of computer gear I've dealt with in the past that abused their position as sole importers of particular products to screw their customers.

Anyone bought direct from Japan, or from anywhere else within the EU/UK ?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:39 AM

Rich,

No I didn't buy an exhaust from you BUT you would most definitely not have got the business if I hadn't stepped in with a decent delivery quote. (correct me if I'm wrong guys)

If we are going to nit pick:

Packaging
I ordered an Amuse dual from Japan - it comes packaged in an Amuse box with protective polystyrene bags inside the box. So are you telling me, you received your exhausts all in one box - must have been one big box

Labelling

I don't know why you expect the courier company to label the boxes for you. They don't know which box needs to go where and to whom. The last time I ordered something from Amuse or any Japanese company, I didn't need to send them a pre printed label with my details. How difficult was it for you to take these details from customers who have placed an order?

Airway bill

You were given a telephone number and an account number to quote. You were clearly told to call them when you are ready and then fill in the document...once again:

1 - number of items
2 - weight / dimensions
3 - Value
4 - delivery address

Decleration of goods

If you weren't happy about under declaring the goods - why did you bother on some of the packages and then quote figures on another box in Taiwanese dollars? That was really nice of you. 2 exhausts valued at $500 and then another in Taiwanese dollars. The invoice you sent stated 4 exhausts weighing 20lbs each totalling 100lbs - what the hell?

Rich, I was merely trying to help some fellow owners - there was absolutely nothing in it for me. What gets to me is that you have been very difficult throughout the delivery process - rather than trying to work with the delivery company in getting goods to your customers. I will definitely not be helping anyone import anything from your company in the future nor be issuing any recommendations...not that I need to, you seemed to have warned off potential customers all by yourself
Old 09-08-2004, 04:08 AM

OK, guys - I think we know where the respective parties stand now. Can we leave it at that please?

Rich & Ben - as one of the group buyers, I'm very happy with my purchase - at the end of the day, that's what counts, I guess

AB - I'm sorry that your attempt to help out ended up landing you and your brother with unwanted and unneeded aggravation, especially since you weren't even involved in the GB. I'm sure I speak for all of the buyers in saying we're very grateful for the assistance

Bulletproof have a lot of satisfied s2ki customers. Let's just write off the hiccups we experience with this GB as being down to a breakdown in communication, eh?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:39 PM

True Mark. :deadandburied:

How are you liking the exhaust now? Has it got deeper in tone yet? Noticed the popping yet?