UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Amuse titanium dual - a few pics and thoughts

Old 08-25-2004, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amuse titanium dual - a few pics and thoughts

Some four months after the order was placed, the Amuse group buy participants received our new ultra-bling extra-lightweight toys yesterday. Sparky2000 managed to get his installed same day, but Fletch and I weren't far behind and I think JMP's goes in for it's service and exhaust installation tomorrow.

The first thing that struck me was just how light it is! It arrived in the back of a very large courier's lorry, in a big cardboard box. It looked like it was going to take two grown men to shift it - instead, the courier guy lifts it up in one hand and carries it into the garage for me.

Initial impressions were worrying - the shipping documents in a clear wallet on the top of the box had JMP's details. Given Bulletproof's less-than-brilliant showing with the admin in getting them to us (details on the GB thread for anyone who hasn't already read about the debacle), I feared the worst and began to think that I'd received one of the 99-03 exhausts rather than the 04 required to fit my car.

On opening the box, my fears were allayed. A quick dash upstairs to the PC and a comparison of the smaller section of the exhaust with the pics previously posted by Amuse Boy showed that the design was different. Phew.

I called the dealer and booked the car in to have it installed today. Lacking a more practical second car, the only way to get the exhaust to the dealer for fitting was to drop the roof and wedge it into the passenger seat. I got a few strange looks as I headed along the M42 to the dealer

Forty minutes later, the car gets driven back from the workshop with the new exhaust fitted. The Service Manager and the salesman I bought the car from both came out to have a look and gave it a big (The cheeky git mechanic came out and told the service girl to record it as an hour's work, not realising I was standing there at the desk - a quick word with the Service Manager sorted that out. A reasonable
Old 08-25-2004, 08:01 AM

Looks great Mark
Old 08-25-2004, 08:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job Mark - very bling.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:14 AM

Looks fantastic MT - I think people (including myself) stated it looked crap on an 04 mainly because of the colour (silverstone) IIRC.

Wait until you've put some miles on it - the tone will get deeper and more burbly.

Welcome to the Amuse club
Old 08-25-2004, 08:15 AM

Looks really good.

Nice colour match with the tips and the RNPB
Old 08-25-2004, 08:31 AM

Eeeexcellent </Mr Burns>

Old 08-25-2004, 08:48 AM

Looks superb. Then again, what else would you expect with Amuse. Only the best!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:49 AM

Right then I need to get some spanners, a jack and find out where you live

Looks good !
Old 08-25-2004, 08:51 AM

Hey MT - now do you understand my enthusiasm when I got this exhaust last year? Trust me, the revs do fly up a lot quicker. Ask Trypod
Old 08-25-2004, 08:51 AM

From Saturday, my location be pretty much as per yours under your avatar, Lee!

(I think a Manc airport tunnels get together with you, the Carper and any other locals might have to be done soon )

The quality of the exhaust has to be seen to be believed. The workmanship is top notch. Pricey, but then I suppose you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Amuse titanium dual - a few pics and thoughts