UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Amuse on the car

Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amuse on the car

Got the Amuse exhaust back from repair today.

TNT were the couriers. It was meant to be with me on friday. After numerous phone calls trying to track it down I opened the wrapping and found this

Old 08-06-2008, 07:21 AM

Received 651 Likes on 567 Posts

that's pretty bad damage. I'd claim against the courier if i were you. Although it might be repairable it'll never look perfect.

I bet Lloyd gets this all the time, might be worth giving him a nudge?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That must be a moment when you saw that.

Get on to the repairer straight away and tell them what's happened. They'll know what to do.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 AM

The people that put it on the car have repaired it to a standard good enough for me

Am in communication with Jon at Merc as I think he as the consignee will have to complain? Correct me if I am wrong
Old 08-06-2008, 07:29 AM

Yep its the repairers responsibility to ensure it gets to you in good condition. They can't say "it was OK when it left us". Either it wasn't packaged correctly to prevent this type of damage or the courier has been negligent and the repairer will have to claim against the courier.

The upsetting thing is that you will face a further delay to get the exhaust repaired, again!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:44 AM

Exhaust is repaired already

Just spoken to the courier. I agree with Fistral. The good were very well wrapped for protection but Merc would never send out damaged good like this!
As the goods were meant to be with me on friday I can only assume that they have been damaged by being thrown around a depot.
Also my manager at work signed as I am not always available. I understand the courier when they say the goods are signed for, but I didn't realize whoever was signing for them was meant to unwrap the goods??
Old 08-06-2008, 08:21 AM

Surely the signature is just to prove it was delivered? That's always been my understainding! If not, then I've been very lucky!

That is pretty bad damage, and by the looks of things it wasn't just thrown around once either!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Daz1001,Aug 6 2008, 04:21 PM
Surely the signature is just to prove it was delivered? That's always been my understainding! If not, then I've been very lucky!

That is pretty bad damage, and by the looks of things it wasn't just thrown around once either!
That's what we all think, then find out you're not meant to accept anything that looks damaged.

Glad it's sorted, sounds good?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by NineBolts,Aug 6 2008, 09:06 AM
you're not meant to accept anything that looks damaged.
If the parcel is obviously damaged, but not badly, I sign for it but write "parcel damaged" next to it. Not sure if that does anything but saves the delivery guy having to wait there whilst the parcel is unwrapped and the goods inspected. It also means I have something to indicate the damage was done prior to taking delivery.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Daz1001,Aug 6 2008, 05:21 PM
thats what we all think

As it is mended it is no great issue to me anymore but have obviously informed people so they can be cautious when using couriers

Sounds good though yet I have to say same old problem, it seems to have a small rattle already Glad it was a very cheap (price wise) repair.

Quick Reply: Amuse on the car