UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aftermarket seats - What have you got?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James_JDM
Originally Posted by MB' timestamp='1339448537' post='21773124
I see you have gone for the 'gangster lean' position
I'm just happy I got it in!
Hi James - does that mean your BC's are the Medium fitment or are they the large. Looking to do something similar myself but will probably need the large ones as the diet is not working. Any feedback on comfort, wear etc now you have had them a while.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

You need to measure the male part of the buckle's diameter. If its 27mm then it should be fine to get it from that ebay seller. I tried a few others and they didn't fit.

Take a few measurements and then compare what you've got to what's on ebay. Take a photo and post it on here. I wouldn't of thought honda would randomly change the design but a fella i contacted in the US said they defiantly changed the type in US cars.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
You need to measure the male part of the buckle's diameter. If its 27mm then it should be fine to get it from that ebay seller. I tried a few others and they didn't fit.

Take a few measurements and then compare what you've got to what's on ebay. Take a photo and post it on here. I wouldn't of thought honda would randomly change the design but a fella i contacted in the US said they defiantly changed the type in US cars.
Thanks Mark, its the same 27mm and buckle is the same style.

Thanks for your help, I'll get one ordered
Old 02-10-2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by tron2k3
Originally Posted by markforrester99' timestamp='1360518948' post='22327477

Thanks Mark, its the same 27mm and buckle is the same style.

Thanks for your help, I'll get one ordered
Just contacted him and he won't ship to the UK
Old 02-10-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

i noticed when i clicked my won auction it said it had been changed. Maybe he lost money on the shipping sending it to me! There is another company

4extender

email him with your info and that you want the 27mm extender and he will sort you out
Old 02-10-2013, 12:24 PM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
Is there anyone with a Recaro SP-G seat installed in their S? If so, do you have any problems with access to the centre glove-box? Thanks.
Redun who used to be on the forum had an SPG on the drivers side

IIRC SP-Gs block the centre console and rub the door card

Chris.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
i noticed when i clicked my won auction it said it had been changed. Maybe he lost money on the shipping sending it to me! There is another company

4extender

email him with your info and that you want the 27mm extender and he will sort you out
Thanks again Mark

Just placed my order and they confirmed via email pretty much instantly that its the size I'm after
Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by David.mt
Originally Posted by James_JDM' timestamp='1339450447' post='21773250
[quote name='MB' timestamp='1339448537' post='21773124']
I see you have gone for the 'gangster lean' position
I'm just happy I got it in!
Hi James - does that mean your BC's are the Medium fitment or are they the large. Looking to do something similar myself but will probably need the large ones as the diet is not working. Any feedback on comfort, wear etc now you have had them a while.

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delayed response, yes I went for the GT size which is the large. I'm 6'1, waist 32/34 not massively broad but not stick thin either. I'm still extremely happy with the seat and buddy club seat rail. Yes they are a bit of a pain to fit, but I'm afraid that's the nature if the beast with the s2000s small cabin, plus the tapered centre console doesn't help!

My s2000 doesn't get used to offend, well not in the winter anyway. So I can't comment on the wear. But I think as long as you look after the seat and watch how you get in and out (to avoid contact with the bolsters) you will get on fine with them. Although if I was using them every day I would think the novelty would wear off. Purely just getting in and out with the room up as there isn't much room. But I love the feel from them and the position from them. Definitely one of my favourite modification!

If you close to Dorset then your more than welcome to come and try!

James
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tron2k3
Originally Posted by markforrester99' timestamp='1360530145' post='22327756

4extender

Thanks again Mark

Just placed my order and they confirmed via email pretty much instantly that its the size I'm after
That's where I got mine many moons ago...

I still have BC XL size in mine. Brilliant seat and not much I would change it for, as they are very light.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:23 PM

I have Recaro pole position's, love them! more comfortable than a SPG as you have more room for your knees with the wider supports! very light, look good, durable & comfortable! one of my friends has bride zeta III's they are seriously uncomfy in comparison but they do offer more support! mine are mounted on buddyblub rails with takata harnesses fixed to a spoon street cage

Name:  DSCF8140_zps52efcf17.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  74.8 KB

Name:  IMAG0406_zps052daf50.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  72.4 KB

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - What have you got?