UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aftermarket seats - What have you got?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bride seats are my all time favourite seats, but they can be difficult to get for a reasonable price in the UK, there are some on eBay but they are almost certainly fakes for the prices they go for! I was looking at Recaro Pole position's yesterday, they would work really well. What does everyone think of 'Status' seats?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim S
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I have the Buddy Clubs fitted now and am finding the seat belt clips a pain. For those who have or had seat belt extenders, where did you get them from? Thanks.
How are you finding the buddy clubs? Do you use the car on the road also? These are on my shopping list
Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
Originally Posted by Tim S' timestamp='1337682249' post='21719200
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I have the Buddy Clubs fitted now and am finding the seat belt clips a pain. For those who have or had seat belt extenders, where did you get them from? Thanks.
How are you finding the buddy clubs? Do you use the car on the road also? These are on my shopping list

I've got some coming next week, I'll let you know.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

They are awesome. Work well in my race car.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
I do use the car on the road. The seats have a lot less padding than OEM so they can be a bit uncomfortable on a broken surface. Other than that they're fine. They do make it slightly harder to get in and out of the car with the top up.

As MB found the "large" Buddy Clubs foul the transmission tunnel so they can't slide (I've got Buddy Club rails too). I might be able to improve that with a bit of fettling if I get round to it - as it is they're stuck in the right position for me.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 AM
MB

Mine slide fully now, as I slotted out the rail bolt holes.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 AM
MB

Will reply to your PM later Tim.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Mine slide fully now, as I slotted out the rail bolt holes.
That's good to know - when I get round to doing mine I'll know I'm not on a hiding to nothing. Which holes did you need to slot?

Originally Posted by MB
Will reply to your PM later Tim.
Great - cheers.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:58 AM
MB

The front left one, so closest to your left foot.

I think it's on my old 'MB's modification thread'

I'd fit the rails with the side mounts all loose, then slot the seat down into them. Because of the width of the base, you migh scrape some fo the black paint off the sides of the base, so go careful. You then have the fun of getting the 4 bolts into the seat, while trying to work out the optimum angle...

Once set, then bolt up the side mount bolts - also a total bastard, but it can be done with the right tools!

Ensure the rail sliders themselves are equally set in position, or the seat won't move as far forward or back as it should...
Old 05-23-2012, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
The front left one, so closest to your left foot.

I think it's on my old 'MB's modification thread'

I'd fit the rails with the side mounts all loose, then slot the seat down into them. Because of the width of the base, you migh scrape some fo the black paint off the sides of the base, so go careful. You then have the fun of getting the 4 bolts into the seat, while trying to work out the optimum angle...

Once set, then bolt up the side mount bolts - also a total bastard, but it can be done with the right tools!

Ensure the rail sliders themselves are equally set in position, or the seat won't move as far forward or back as it should...
This is going to be fun...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - What have you got?