UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aftermarket seats - What have you got?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/

These guys are very helpful.

You have to be aware of the fitting issues though. The below refers to the XL size, i'm nut sure is eSeM had similar issues with the standard seats.

1) You will find getting the belt buckle clicked in tricky, unless you buy an extender and poke it through the seat hole - and the lap belt will be too high without the extenders
2) Fitting them is a bugger, and takes a real knack. I've done it a few times now. Rails go in first, loose, with side mount bolts loose, then fit the seat down in place, and bolt up
3) Buddy Club rails have been known to fail - I had extra welding done on mine
4) You will need to slot / file out the front left hole on the seat rail where it bolts to the floor, otehr wise the seat clashes with the centre tunnel and won't slide.

But it's worth the hassle.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB
http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/

These guys are very helpful.

You have to be aware of the fitting issues though. The below refers to the XL size, i'm nut sure is eSeM had similar issues with the standard seats.

1) You will find getting the belt buckle clicked in tricky, unless you buy an extender and poke it through the seat hole - and the lap belt will be too high without the extenders
2) Fitting them is a bugger, and takes a real knack. I've done it a few times now. Rails go in first, loose, with side mount bolts loose, then fit the seat down in place, and bolt up
4) You will need to slot / file out the front left hole on the seat rail where it bolts to the floor, otehr wise the seat clashes with the centre tunnel and won't slide.

But it's worth the hassle.

Very useful thanks.

They seemed to be the cheapest place I found.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
1) You get used to the belt buckle moving around after a few weeks. I haven't used any sort of extenders.
2) First time I fitted them I had this problem but once everything is tightened up you should be able to remove/replace them just using the 4 bolts on the floor.
3) Bride rails are rock solid but not so easy to use. You don't really need a rail on the passenger side as the chances are the seat will rarely move.
4) Didn't have a problem with this but it mght be an issue with the new set of rails I will be installing soon.
and ....
5) The alacantra trim will wear out quite quickly on the seat bolsters and where the seatbelt passes over the shoulder of the seat.
6) Over time the seats fade quite badly, my black seats are now a grey colour.
7) If I was buing again I would get the Carbon P1 seats and get them re-covered before fitting them (just been on the website and I am very tempted .... )

Bucket seats ... the best mod you can make to the car!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:40 AM
MB

You might have less of an issue with fitting / bcuckle than I did as your seats are smaller, Steven.

I didn't know they did carbon P1s!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best seats by far for the S2000 are ASM Recaro's at least one member has them on here, they look far better than Buddy club IMO.

Oh and one picture of an ASM Recaro in a girly GT3 just for good measure
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket seats - What have you got?-110901%2520s1%2520dsc_1176.jpg   Aftermarket seats - What have you got?-110814%2520cl1%2520dsc_1238.jpg   Aftermarket seats - What have you got?-110728%2520s1%2520dsc_0811.jpg   Aftermarket seats - What have you got?-110803%2520p1%2520dsc_0957.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 AM
MB

They are very nice.

And probably do look better than BuddyClub, but I doubt they are much lighter. For the cost, i'm very impressed with Buddy Club seats, and i'm not easily pleased. I actually prefer them to the carbon buckets in the GT3
Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 AM

But a pair of those ASM Recaro's it your GT3 would be perrrrrfect Mark They even match the interior
Old 09-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are nice but I'm not sure they're £600 nicer per seat....
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 AM

I think most of you guys will find the Japanese Recaro is pretty tight for your body shape, they are designed for Asian body shape.

Also they are about £2k each seat.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixon Motorsports
I think most of you guys will find the Japanese Recaro is pretty tight for your body shape, they are designed for Asian body shape.Also they are about £2k each seat.
I've got a Recaro SPG-N as my drivers seat and it sure is a snug fit. I'm a 32" waist by the way

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - What have you got?