UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aftermarket seats - What have you got?

Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim S
Originally Posted by CR1S' timestamp='1365971236' post='22473261
Well every small amount would help so could do it small amounts at a time. I'd rather be able to use the seat and the cover be a tiny bit loose then have to sell it for half what I paid for it!
Yes but if you cut the fibreglass you'll ruin the secondhand value completely! I wouldn't cut into a safety device myself...

I did have a thought though: Have you inadvertently mounted the seat with the top leaning outwards? Easily done as the rails end up mounting higher up the seat on the tunnel side as the floor isn't flat.
Sorry by that do you mean the side mounts facing outwards? If so no
I braught the seats with the rails already attached to the passenger seat and I Think I've fitted it identically.
And yes I sit quite far forward so don't think that's helping at all. From what you guys say it's quite tight but from what I can see its way off. Any chance of the seat being out of shape?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Following to what he says, you could shim under the outter rail and this will being the top further inwards.

Might be worth a try
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by mdb_75
My seat's pretty much at the standard height. The problem with lots of seats is getting them low enough, raising them up would be quite easy.
You have to mount the Buddy Clubs quite low so the sides clear the top of the tunnel.

Originally Posted by CR1S
Sorry by that do you mean the side mounts facing outwards? If so no
I braught the seats with the rails already attached to the passenger seat and I Think I've fitted it identically.
And yes I sit quite far forward so don't think that's helping at all. From what you guys say it's quite tight but from what I can see its way off. Any chance of the seat being out of shape?
The seats are quite flexible but I would expect them to keep their basic shape unless they've warped due to heat. What I meant was I think you might have the seat inclined to the vertical slightly if it's hard to shut the door. I managed this during initial fitting so I know it's not hard!

Originally Posted by WinFreak
Following to what he says, you could shim under the outter rail and this will being the top further inwards.
That would be good for fine adjustment.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM

Thanks mate
Hope it's sunny again at the weekend then I can have a go. Sat in it briefly and it felt really good so can't wait!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 AM

I can report that I finally have sliding large Buddy Club P1s. I had to adjust the side mounts on all sliders so they were as far as possible away from the tunnel, and slot the front hole towards the tunnel on each of the tunnel side sliders. I also found fitting a leather central console cover helped as the seats slide better against leather than carpet (my car is quite an early one).
Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 AM

Okay had them in and they fitted nicely each side
Was happy for all of 10mins untill I found out I had put them so low the the Handle for sliding back and forward had bottomed out.... The happiness soon went and I gave up and left it for another week
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I met a chap at the Mimms meet yesterday who had fitted DC5 Recaros on custom made rails. I had a try and I have to say they seem to be a good replacement for stock seats for a daily driver. They sat a lot lower than the OEM seats and the side compartment still opens. Sadly I dont have any pictures.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CR1S
Okay had them in and they fitted nicely each side
Was happy for all of 10mins untill I found out I had put them so low the the Handle for sliding back and forward had bottomed out.... The happiness soon went and I gave up and left it for another week
Might sound obvious but is it on the right way? It can also be bent to shape a little bit.

They do sound a pain in the arse but once you have fitted them once or twice, it's pretty easy. Sadly you end up losing paint from the seat bases and have skinned knucles They really arent' designed to fit the S2000 but they are good once they are in.

PS ive got a seat belt extender for sale if you need it.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/762.../page__st__600
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Had to chuckle when I saw this in your other thread....

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - What have you got?