UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aftermarket seats - What have you got?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CR1S
Okay sorry to revive the BC large seat fitting part of this thread but I've just tried to fit the P1 SE large seats and its pushed right up against the transmission tunnel and I really have to slam the door to get it to close because its right up against it.
Is this the same for every one? Also it takes alot of effort to even move the seat forward...
I haven't had any trouble closing the door although there is now a dent in the door trim where the seat was. I have yet to get them to slide... more fettling required but I am having trouble finding the time.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply mate
I'm glad it's not just me then
Yeah if you don't really slam the door it just bounces of the seat lol
Ill just have to put up with it then and just enjoy the extra support. And the fact they look bloody good
Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Can you not remove the fabric from the seat and shave the fibreglass seat back a bit where it touches the door?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Would this not make the seat cover to loose around the corners
But a good idea. I might look into it
Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Might do, but you might only need to cut 5mm off so might not be too bad
Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 PM

Well every small amount would help so could do it small amounts at a time. I'd rather be able to use the seat and the cover be a tiny bit loose then have to sell it for half what I paid for it!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:59 AM

Okay sorry to revive the BC large seat fitting part of this thread but I've just tried to fit the P1 SE large seats and its pushed right up against the transmission tunnel and I really have to slam the door to get it to close because its right up against it.
Is this the same for every one? Also it takes alot of effort to even move the seat forward...

Mine don't foul with the door, I slotted the rails slightly before fitting. Albeit now the seats are very close to the transmission tunnel, but the seating position is such that I don't require it to be adjusted.

If you required the seat closer to the steering wheel, I feel you may have more of an issue, as the transmission tunnel is tapered.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:01 AM

Well every small amount would help so could do it small amounts at a time. I'd rather be able to use the seat and the cover be a tiny bit loose then have to sell it for half what I paid for it!
Yes but if you cut the fibreglass you'll ruin the secondhand value completely! I wouldn't cut into a safety device myself...

I did have a thought though: Have you inadvertently mounted the seat with the top leaning outwards? Easily done as the rails end up mounting higher up the seat on the tunnel side as the floor isn't flat.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33 AM

Interesting thread. Never thought about replacing seats with aftermarket, but seeing some of these pictures makes me interested all of a sudden!

Do you guys with aftermarket seats find the seating position much lower? Reason I ask is that I find the driving position pretty much perfect for me and wouldn't want to be seated any lower (being only 5'7" I wouldn't see over the wheel if much lower! ). Can you fit the aftermarket seats and still maintain the same seating height?
Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlimJ GBR
Interesting thread. Never thought about replacing seats with aftermarket, but seeing some of these pictures makes me interested all of a sudden!

Do you guys with aftermarket seats find the seating position much lower? Reason I ask is that I find the driving position pretty much perfect for me and wouldn't want to be seated any lower (being only 5'7" I wouldn't see over the wheel if much lower! ). Can you fit the aftermarket seats and still maintain the same seating height?
My seat's pretty much at the standard height. The problem with lots of seats is getting them low enough, raising them up would be quite easy.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - What have you got?