UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aftermarket seats - What have you got?

Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattie170
My new seats, absolutely amazing. Had to use these as being 6'2"ish my head is out the top of the car. Now with these its the perfect driving position. Also the seat belt buckle sits in the correct place without any mods or extensions.

They're nice, what are they?
Old 03-24-2013, 04:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice seats .
Old 03-24-2013, 04:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdb_75
Originally Posted by mattie170' timestamp='1364040936' post='22423092
My new seats, absolutely amazing. Had to use these as being 6'2"ish my head is out the top of the car. Now with these its the perfect driving position. Also the seat belt buckle sits in the correct place without any mods or extensions.

They're nice, what are they?

Tillett B5

What's the support like on them as the base doesn't look that supportive unless its just the camera angle?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very supportive, it's like the seat is hugging you. I had recaro pole positions before but for my size these hold me better. I always felt like I was sitting on top of the recaro's.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:19 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

I've been starting to think about aftermarket seats for my S, partly due to having seen others sitting much lower in the car. I'm struggling to find a balance of my requirements though:
  • Sit Lower than OEM.
  • Maintain an OEM look as far as possible (Red/Black interior, with OEM red/black seats currently), inc leather if possible.
  • No logos.
  • Easy to get in and out.
  • No less supportive, side-to-side, than the OEM, ideally more so.
  • More ergonomic shape and more comfortable on long journeys, with good lumbar support.
  • Standard seat belt.
  • Able to fit heated seat elements like I have to my OEMs.
  • Adjustable recline.
  • Not hideously expensive!
I'm 5'10'' with 33 inch waist and not terribly broad, but I'd like bigger people to be able to sit in the passenger seat. It doesn't matter about bigger people in the driver's side though. The Buddy Club Sport doesn't look TOO bad, although I'm not a fan of the logos, and I'm not sure I could fit the heater elements.

I'd like to try the seats first, so if anyone near Bristol has any that they think would suit me, I'll happily buy a beer to try some out! Or if there are any shops down this way that anyone knows about, I'd appreciate a tip-off.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Chris
Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Money no object, I'd love to get some Bride Gias or Stradia seats, preferably the Bride Japan model Stradias rather than the usual Low Max models, but until then i shall make do with OEM...
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispayze
I've been starting to think about aftermarket seats for my S, partly due to having seen others sitting much lower in the car. I'm struggling to find a balance of my requirements though:
  • Sit Lower than OEM.
  • Maintain an OEM look as far as possible (Red/Black interior, with OEM red/black seats currently), inc leather if possible.
  • No logos.
  • Easy to get in and out.
  • No less supportive, side-to-side, than the OEM, ideally more so.
  • More ergonomic shape and more comfortable on long journeys, with good lumbar support.
  • Standard seat belt.
  • Able to fit heated seat elements like I have to my OEMs.
  • Adjustable recline.
  • Not hideously expensive!
I'm 5'10'' with 33 inch waist and not terribly broad, but I'd like bigger people to be able to sit in the passenger seat. It doesn't matter about bigger people in the driver's side though. The Buddy Club Sport doesn't look TOO bad, although I'm not a fan of the logos, and I'm not sure I could fit the heater elements.

I'd like to try the seats first, so if anyone near Bristol has any that they think would suit me, I'll happily buy a beer to try some out! Or if there are any shops down this way that anyone knows about, I'd appreciate a tip-off.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Chris
Can you not just fit lower seat rails? Your quest seems pretty difficult!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Not possible imo. Get some OEM ones recovered and use lower rails.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:04 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Ah, I'm clearly too picky. What about a compromise. Which are the difficult requirements to meet? Heating, I assume?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay sorry to revive the BC large seat fitting part of this thread but I've just tried to fit the P1 SE large seats and its pushed right up against the transmission tunnel and I really have to slam the door to get it to close because its right up against it.
Is this the same for every one? Also it takes alot of effort to even move the seat forward...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - What have you got?