UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Aftermarket seats - What have you got?

Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NFLS2K1990
I have Recaro pole position's, love them! more comfortable than a SPG as you have more room for your knees with the wider supports! very light, look good, durable & comfortable! one of my friends has bride zeta III's they are seriously uncomfy in comparison but they do offer more support! mine are mounted on buddyblub rails with takata harnesses fixed to a spoon street cage

They do look good those Pole Positions. At first I wanted them in red, but I actually sat in them at Demon Tweeks and in my opinion, they didn't give me enough support.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM

Has anyone tried fitting the Buddy Club sport recliners into their S? The fixed buckets look great, but I think I'd prefer a recliner so that the seat belt's easier to use plus it won't be such a challenge to get in and out of the car.

I'm only a 30-32" waist so the regular width seat should fit me fine, but I can't find dimensions for the recliner seat so that I can compare it to the size of the fixed buckets.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 AM

I've got a spare set of Recaro's from a DC2 Integra Type R/EK9 Civic Type R, I am wondering if I could get them to fit in the S? I think the main problem would be the seat rails as I had to DIY modify them to fit my EJ9 Civic 1.4 at the time. Has anyone tried this before, if so, what were the problems? Cheers.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
I've got a spare set of Recaro's from a DC2 Integra Type R/EK9 Civic Type R, I am wondering if I could get them to fit in the S? I think the main problem would be the seat rails as I had to DIY modify them to fit my EJ9 Civic 1.4 at the time. Has anyone tried this before, if so, what were the problems? Cheers.
thread on how to fit dc5 seats. dc2's fit exactly the same
Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
Originally Posted by AlexGJ248' timestamp='1363201075' post='22401631
thread on how to fit dc5 seats. dc2's fit exactly the same
Cheers Lee, I've just had a bit of a search. I've seen a picture of an S with black DC5 Recaros in before and I know they are very similar to DC2 Recaros but I didn't know if they were exactly the same.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:53 AM

Name:  Buddy-Club-Sports-Recliner.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  65.8 KB

Old 03-23-2013, 02:17 AM

Well the seat didn't last very long!

After I'd used the seat for a few days and was sure I was happy with where I'd mounted it I tried to take it out of the car so that I could paint my fabricated brackets.

For some reason the flip forward didn't work. This made it really difficult to unbolt the seat from the car as it wouldn't flip forwards to aid access to the rear bolts (the seat's not on runners, it's fixed solid on the brackets I made to keep it low). Anyway I managed to remove it eventually by winding the recline right forwards and getting a finger to the flip mechanism under the seat base. Once out of the car I discovered that one of the wire ropes to one tilt locking 'claws' had pulled out of its crimp.

The seat's now on it's way back to be checked for a manufacturing fault, hopefully I'll get a new replacement.

As for how the seat feels, it's great! The car feels so different to drive. You can feel what it's doing so much more, everything feels more direct and tighter! The seat's so snug too, I hated the original seat it always felt wrong and awkward to me and could not get it to suit me even by changing its height and base angle.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdb_75

After I'd used the seat for a few days and was sure I was happy with where I'd mounted it I tried to take it out of the car so that I could paint my fabricated brackets.

For some reason the flip forward didn't work. This made it really difficult to unbolt the seat from the car as it wouldn't flip forwards to aid access to the rear bolts (the seat's not on runners, it's fixed solid on the brackets I made to keep it low). Anyway I managed to remove it eventually by winding the recline right forwards and getting a finger to the flip mechanism under the seat base. Once out of the car I discovered that one of the wire ropes to one tilt locking 'claws' had pulled out of its crimp.

The seat's now on it's way back to be checked for a manufacturing fault, hopefully I'll get a new replacement.

As for how the seat feels, it's great! The car feels so different to drive. You can feel what it's doing so much more, everything feels more direct and tighter! The seat's so snug too, I hated the original seat it always felt wrong and awkward to me and could not get it to suit me even by changing its height and base angle.
I've been looking at these seats too but in black. They look great in there. Are there any clearance issues with the door/storage cabin?
Old 03-23-2013, 04:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My new seats, absolutely amazing. Had to use these as being 6'2"ish my head is out the top of the car. Now with these its the perfect driving position. Also the seat belt buckle sits in the correct place without any mods or extensions.

Name:  IMG_2059_zps7ccc6cb7.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  140.6 KB
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Martin26
Originally Posted by mdb_75' timestamp='1364033861' post='22422987

I've been looking at these seats too but in black. They look great in there. Are there any clearance issues with the door/storage cabin?
I almost went for black ones, but went for red as it won't look so silly if I don't change the passenger seat too. Not sure if I will do yet. Now I've got red I'm really pleased with the colour anyway.

Size wise there's about 12-15mm clearance to the door and the storage compartment, the seats not really any wider than the original seat. The recline's great as there's a turn knob on both sides of the seat giving infinite adjustment unlike the OEM seats with the lever that only has set recline angles. The base of the seat is very snug in the tunnel, there's only around 3mm clearnce either side of the recline knobs so you can't grab them you have to use one thumb and finger to adjust them!

I've mounted the seat pretty much on the floor at the back, but it's lifted ~30mm or so at the front to give the base a nice angle. At this height the base is pretty much the same height as the original seat, with sliding runners it would end up a fair bit higher.

I'm 30-32" waist and the seat's quite a snug fit, if I was any bigger I think it would be too tight. The shoulder wings are especially huggy.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats - What have you got?