UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Advice for Anglesey Tomorrow

Old 06-17-2011, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for Anglesey Tomorrow

I've just been down kwik-fit having read the track day faq and have been told that I only have 3mm of rear pad material left. Is this going to be enough? I couldn't afford the kwik-fit prices for new pads as company policy meant that I also needed to have new discs. I have new pads and discs at home but no time to fit them and kwik-fit wouldn't fit them either. Is it worth me bringing them tomorrow and trying to fit them in the pit lane in the morning. If I do that they will be brand new and won't have worn in. I understand that is also an issue.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also if anyone attending tomorrow might be able to help me I happily buy them lunch.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:44 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Leave them on, but keep an eye on them.

Bring the pads and between us, we can easily change them at lunchtime - Tex has tools, and there are plenty of people there with the knowhow.

If we do change them, then you will need to do a couple of gentle runs to get them bedded in, but it's not a huge issue with OEM pads.

Check the main meet thread if you want to join us for dinner tonight.

See you there.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:46 AM

Are the pads you have on now, front and rear, the Honda OEM supply ones? They do perform well on track but if doing a long session and the fronts begin to fade the back pads munch through very quickly.
If the track is dry there is a good possibility you will wear them out (if they are OEM).

Although not ideal, many people have changed their pads at the track and done a quick bedding in proceedure. I would definitley bring your spares with you as there wil be plenly of capable people there who i'm sure would help you - it would be easliy done over lunch.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by GavB
Are the pads you have on now, front and rear, the Honda OEM supply ones? They do perform well on track but if doing a long session and the fronts begin to fade the back pads munch through very quickly.
If the track is dry there is a good possibility you will wear them out (if they are OEM).

Although not ideal, many people have changed their pads at the track and done a quick bedding in proceedure. I would definitley bring your spares with you as there wil be plenly of capable people there who i'm sure would help you - it would be easliy done over lunch.
Yes they are all oem as far as I know.

Thanks for the replies, I will bring the pads and discs with me.