UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Access to Window Mechanism

Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Access to Window Mechanism

My off side (drivers) window seems to have come slightly loose from it's fixings. Not too much of a worry but makes abit of noise when retracting and fully dry as it vibrates on the sealing rubbers. Is it easy to remove the door trim and secure in place?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Door trim removal is very easy. There are a couple of screws, and the rest is pop studs. You'll need to disconnect the electrical connectors when removing.

To get to the mechanism however, you'll probably have to remove the plastic dust cover stuck to the door.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried lubing the seals first of all with silicon spray? I'd also check the seal on the right hand corner (as you look at the car door from the driver's seat) has not fouled and ripped slightly - I had to get mine replaced under warranty a couple of years ago.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny. I was going to ask about my drivers side window thats just started rattleing when it's up. I might lube up the rubber roof seal to see if that helps.

To take the door card off...

1. Unscrew two screws from the door handle.
2. One more screw from behind the door open lever.
3. You then have to take the silver(ish) door lever cover off. It needs to be twisted off past the door lever.
4. There is one push fit pin at the top/front of the door, which needs a flat bladed screw driver to remove. If the door is closed, it's hidden by the end of the dashboard, and be careful not to mark the door card with the screw driver.
5. Pull the door card from the bottom to unpop the poppers (6 in total)
6. Slide the door card up and off the window sill/lip.
7. Unplug the electrical connectors for the windows and any speakers.
8. Job done.

You'll then see the white-ish plastic cover. This can be easily removed to gain access inside the door. You won't have a great deal of space in there due to the design of the inner door skin. But you should be able to get your hand in there.

Have a look also to see if anythings fallen into the bottom of the door. Sometimes the window guide (white plastic piece about 6cm long with brushes on) can fall off and sit in the bottom of the door and rattle around.

It's easy enough job to do, and only needs a few basic tools.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Mine does that j8mie, has done for ages and it is the thing that annoys me the most. Apparently it is hard to do because you have to install new guides or something. I've not had it done at the dealer on Jorge's advice. But I might have a good look myself one weekend!