UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Academy Workshop

Old 03-19-2007, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Academy Workshop

After this weekend's Midlands Alignment Meet, it was brought to my attention that there are quite a few of you who would like to learn more about your pride and joy.

I've always been hands on, I can comfortably do DIY around the house, building & fixing computers, making models etc. However when it come to cars, I lack the confidence and knowledge, and am a complete n00b. Not to mention the lack of space / tools / and potential cost of repair if I f00k it up

So, I've hooked up with Center Gravity again. They are providing the opportunity for enthusiasts like yourselves to bring your car to CG's Academy Workshop, and under the supervision of Chris, you will be able to learn different aspect of your car and be able to work on it yourself with Chris's guidance.

It is still early stage, and am gauging interest for now. So, if you are a n00b and would like to learn, don't be shy and please shout out!

Also, tell us what you would like to learn? Brakes, changing brake pads, changing fluids, general maintence.. etc etc.??? Make a suggestion.

Once I have enough interest and an idea of what to do for the day, I will storm ahead and make this happen.

~Man.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:57 AM

i am absolutely up for this. I've been trying to find a 2-3 day workshop (or whatever) to give car dead heads like me a chance to learn about their motor.. and had difficulty finding something. I know next to nothing and have thought for a couple of years it's about time I did. This would be great.

J
Old 03-19-2007, 03:11 AM

Great idea,
count me in
Old 03-19-2007, 03:22 AM

Man - that sounds just like me. I'm happy doing DIY and playing with electronics, but the only thing I've done to the car is my exhaust and decat.

I'd be very interested in learning about changing brake pads, brake fluid etc.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris mentioned this when i was there last week. Definetly interested.

Ed
Old 03-19-2007, 05:30 AM

As i mentioned to you on saturday Man, i'd love to learn more about her.
Considering i use the car on a daily basis i cannot think of any one thing that i take for granted as much without having the knowledge or experience to spot problems before they occur!

Knowledge gained from this, i would imagine are just as applicable to any other car as the S so the benefits go beyond simply maintaining it.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-19-2007, 05:56 AM

Great idea. I've read most of the guides on here and, although they're incredibly helpful, I'm still reluctant to try anything unsupervised in case I mess it up.
Would love to take part in something like this.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:07 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested.

What would be the likely location ?

Bharat
Old 03-19-2007, 06:14 AM

I'm assuming this is an S-only meet?

If not, I'd love to do this! Have been looking for something similar myself for ages!

Quick Reply: Academy Workshop