UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

54k service - which garage near SW London

Old 06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
MrM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, only just seen this thread. I used Brayley in Hemel in the end. Happy enough with the service. They originally over charged me, by getting 2 digits the wrong way round, eg 483 and 438 or similar. I didnt even notice and wouldnt have done, but credit due to Dave at Brayley who called me back and refunded my card. My only gripe and I have no evidence is that having checked my oil level 6 weeks or so ago, the level was 1/2 empty, which astounded me. I do minimal miles in my car, probably less than 1000 since service, and my car has never used oil in the past. After MOT and services I check oil c tight, but admit I didnt check the level when I left. So either Brayley didnt fill it up, I have a leak, or I have used a lot of oil in very little time. Since I topped it up, Ive done a similar number of miles, and oil level is still full, so. Draw my conclusion.

From memory the price TGM quoted was less than an MOT from the price Brayley quoted, and TGM wasnt a short drive away.... So to keep the stamps in the book given the low mileage of my car I opted to remain with Honda and Brayley had a good rep.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrM
Sorry, only just seen this thread. I used Brayley in Hemel in the end. Happy enough with the service. They originally over charged me, by getting 2 digits the wrong way round, eg 483 and 438 or similar. I didnt even notice and wouldnt have done, but credit due to Dave at Brayley who called me back and refunded my card. My only gripe and I have no evidence is that having checked my oil level 6 weeks or so ago, the level was 1/2 empty, which astounded me. I do minimal miles in my car, probably less than 1000 since service, and my car has never used oil in the past. After MOT and services I check oil c tight, but admit I didnt check the level when I left. So either Brayley didnt fill it up, I have a leak, or I have used a lot of oil in very little time. Since I topped it up, Ive done a similar number of miles, and oil level is still full, so. Draw my conclusion.

From memory the price TGM quoted was less than an MOT from the price Brayley quoted, and TGM wasnt a short drive away.... So to keep the stamps in the book given the low mileage of my car I opted to remain with Honda and Brayley had a good rep.
Thank you for your quick reply and write up. I have spoken with Dave a couple of times so will call him.

Cheers
Henry