UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

3 Questions. 1 - Can I drive the 'S' like my Elise ?

Old 02-23-2004, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Questions. 1 - Can I drive the 'S' like my Elise ?

2. My headlamp is steamed up

3. Why did someone leave 2 bananas on my Indy Yellow Car - B4stards !

But really. Having sold my elise 111s as I had just mastered how to drive it, along comes this new experience.

...Accelerating hard into bends instead of slowing down...throwing the car into 2 gear left or right turns very quickly...keeping the footdown around roundabouts....returning more than 250 miles from
Old 02-23-2004, 01:19 PM

First off Hi. Good to see a new owner. Welcome...

on the questions you have posted this is my personal opinion only.

1. I have not driven the Elise so I can't make any recommendations or comparisons but you car was lighter and therefore had different characteristics to this car. Ease into it gently. Come to learn what you think the limits of this car are and only then try and push it. You will be amazed how much more there is to this car especially in the dry then what you original perceived them to be. I think you would rather have a car in one piece and learning to drive it quicker over time than putting it in the hedge. No preaching just thoughts.

2. If you bought the car from a dealer take it back. Tell them it is unacceptable. Some would argue that you have no comeback but I would disagree. Get them to change it.

3. Colour is such a subjective issue. If you like it, which I guess you did unless someone put a gun to your head to choose this, then enjoy it and forget about idiots who will be jealous or otherwise.

Rahul
Old 02-23-2004, 01:55 PM

Thanks Rahul. Obviously not pushing it too hard yet. Roads are a little too cold and damp and my driving style is still to biased towards the elise for now. It was a private sale so no comeback on the light. And as for the colour - My last car was 'blend into the carpark' silver - no offence to anyone - so this is quite refreshing for me - though as you say - not to everyones taste
Old 02-23-2004, 02:04 PM

first off hello

On the question of attention. I had my silverstone silver 3 weeks and it was keyed in ASDA supermarket carpark and whilst parked outside my flat for a week I noticed that there were two parrallel scratches on the top of the n/s wing. It cost me a fair bit to sort out and thought that perhaps it will just have to go if it is going to attract this sort of attention but alas I stuck with it and nothing since.

Off to touch wood and then to check paintwork and roof
Old 02-25-2004, 03:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

High Melbon,not driven Elise,but i over took plenty at Donington!!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
You'd over take Spirit of America the way you drive
Old 02-25-2004, 10:44 PM

If you're on S02s you'll probably find that the tyres aren't performing at their optimum temperature. These tyres have to really warm up to give you decent grip.

If the headlamp is really bothering you have a look for a breaker with a spare, I bet Honda charge an absolute fortune.

Enjoy your new car
Old 02-25-2004, 10:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
I was the fact that you did it sideways with an armful of opposite lock which really offended them
Old 02-25-2004, 11:02 PM

I heard the HID unit is
Old 02-26-2004, 09:06 AM

Headlamps not bothering me that much but looks like I need to go scrap searching.

The S is definately a more powerful machine and will overtake elises no problem but the cornering and steering still aren't a match.

defo makes up for that tho

Quick Reply: 3 Questions. 1 - Can I drive the 'S' like my Elise ?