UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

2nd track day in the s

Old 09-17-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd track day in the s

Went to Llandow track in South Wales today, its only half hour drive from where i live and really enjoyed, at only £80 for the day thought it was a very reasonable price. We started out in groups and then changed to open pit after couple hours. The circuit is only small and not very wide but i had good time and its another to tick of my list. Heavy showers made the track very slippery and left large puddles, i hit one and i left me snaking up the straight. One guy in a vxr220 was not so lucky when he lost it under braking and smashed into a barrier making a mess of his front end, a bmw lost it in front of me and ended in the tyre wall but he had very little damage to his car and carried on with the day. Having a bit fun in the bus stop getting the back end out cost me when i hit a cone, this split my bumper and damaged my front lip, but this did not take the smile of my face. Then at 4 o clock the heavens opened again and made the track more like a river than a road and i decided to call it a day, making my way home the car did not seem right, power seemed down and there was a strange noise coming from the exhaust, I think i damaged the cat. Could this be from the water on track? I have a 99 jdm with a k and n FIPK and was wondering if i smashed the inside of the cat out and add a anti fouler will my ecu be able to cope with the changes and adjust the fueling and air mixtures as i dont want damage the engine, not worried about mot time
Old 09-17-2011, 02:16 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Smashing the cat internals out is a cheap and nasty method - if you are sure that is the issue, get a decat fitted or get a second hand cat. None of those options will affect the engine though. A decat is not near enough to cause any issues with fuelling. The lambda in there has no fuelling control either.

I very much doubt that it getting wet will cause it to break down. Cars are designed to be driven in the wet.

It's possible it's broken down, but your symptoms could be other things too. Exhuast back box packing, cylinder misfire etc etc...