UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

2008 08 paint strippered project

Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be a really good project, it might be an 08 plate but from the wheels and the seats it looks like a MY07. That's no bad thing as it got all the good stuff that the newer cars came with minus the failing engines.

What are the plans for the interior? With the Blue seats and carpets I guess it will work OK with white body but what kind of white GPW is OK but there are some very cool metal flake or pearl whites out there.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ford is one of the brightest solid whites or for pearl toyotas white but that is a 2 stage pearl
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 AM

i've always loved the Pearl White found on the JDM Prelude Type S - probably the best Honda colour

or even the Electron Blue Pearl from the Civic VTi 99-00

don't do vinyl wrap - I've seen some proper botch ups recently
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 AM

i live in north wales and picked the car up from bristol so no chance of any more attacks on it. drove the car back is mechanicly sound came with all books and wallet and service book. have got me eyes open for black or red carpets and black seats but will run around with the blue seats and carpets for now. having the windoes tinted so no one will see that they are blue

will let everyone guess at how much i got it for
has done 15,000 miles 2008 08

its going audi bianca white
with the wheels goin satin black for now see how they look when they are done

all rubbers and plastics were ok, just need a drivers rear light and drivers from light as there are a few dribbles of stripper on it
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned

i would rap it as its cheaper and looks just as good as paint, professional companies normally offer a waranty for 5 years on the vinyl so no need to worry about quality.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

White wheels on a white car look stunning. Black wheels will look cheap IMO. I'm preparing to be flamed!!!

Kiwi's Old Car bought by Matt.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/730...page__hl__kiwi
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by mike_s2000
i live in north wales and picked the car up from bristol so no chance of any more attacks on it. drove the car back is mechanicly sound came with all books and wallet and service book. have got me eyes open for black or red carpets and black seats but will run around with the blue seats and carpets for now. having the windoes tinted so no one will see that they are blue

all rubbers and plastics were ok, just need a drivers rear light and drivers from light as there are a few dribbles of stripper on it
go on spill the beans i have a few pics of wher you bought it from and think you will need a new rear light if am right?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:03 AM

yup defo need a new rear light and there is a small dribble on the front headlight will spill when its finished. cant see it oweing me more than 9grand tho when its done. me mate owns a body shop so am getting the full respray done at mates rates

Originally Posted by killa_uk
Originally Posted by mike_s2000' timestamp='1320332324' post='21125321

go on spill the beans i have a few pics of wher you bought it from and think you will need a new rear light if am right?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 AM

wrapping a car still needs the paintwork to be spot on underneath or it will show lines and marks through the wrap, so it will need paint either way but i have seen some very good wraps and very poor ones i have a half wrap on my van which is fine the lads that did it have a great rep and alot can be down to quality of the materials 3M are one of the best as they seem to be for everything but along with a price
Old 11-03-2011, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very handy having mates like that

Quick Reply: 2008 08 paint strippered project